Director of Catering
posted May 25, 2023
For some, traveling and being away is fun; however, many travelers miss being home. Our Associates make our hotels feel like home.
Become Part of the TPG Hotels and Resorts Team……
TPG Hotels & Resorts is a premium management company responsible for an eclectic group of branded and independent hotels throughout the United States. Joining the Marshall Team gives you a rewarding career opportunity with a nationally ranked hospitality management company that focuses on customer satisfaction and personal growth. We pride ourselves in continually seeking motivated team members who believe guest service is the top priority.
We are looking for a Director of Catering to join our team at Hilton Boston/Dedham!
Purpose for the Position: The Director of Catering is a hands-on seller that will focus their efforts on developing existing relationships and soliciting new revenue generating catering accounts. This role is an ambassador for the hotel, which entails providing strong leadership and strategic planning with all departments in support of our service culture.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about social event planning and committed to educating themselves on current food & beverage trends.
What you will be doing:
- Be a coach, teacher and mentor that encourages growth and innovative thinking.
- Lead and empower team members to achieve outstanding satisfaction scores and reviews.
- Recruit, hire and cross train individuals within the hotel to encourage a stimulating environment.
- Establish and uphold operational structure, consistency, employee morale and internal growth opportunities.
- Understand, engage and lead all reporting team members.
- Be a team builder that encourages an inviting atmosphere, with a “lead by example” management style.
- Take both a proactive and creative approach to strategic planning and problem resolution.
- Be an effective communicator and communicate thoroughly.
- Hold all team members (Including yourself!) accountable by focusing on performance and measurable results.
- Practice effective time management to prioritize as relative duties pertain to the team and business.
- Smile and always provide friendly and professional service, with genuine care and attention to detail.
- Exercise a sense of urgency for guest inquiries, requests and/or concerns.
- Travel to meet with or call on clients by telephone to solicit business.
- Welcome clients, facilitate site visits, and promote facilities and services.
- Develop and conduct persuasive sales strategies and presentations to prospective clients
- Develop and distribute menus, contracts and letters to clients and team members.
- Oversee setup and implementation of all functions.
- Be knowledgeable in menu offerings and preparations.
- Assist management teams with all administrative duties as necessary.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment. This includes, but is not limited to files, correspondences and other miscellaneous records.
- Implement and utilize an effective trace system to ensure all correspondences, memos and reports are completed and/or distributed promptly and accurately.
- Perform miscellaneous clerical work such as answering phones, making copies, faxing, emailing, etc.
- Coordinate details between departments regarding VIP clients, ensuring all arrangements are handled with care and attention to detail.
- Help team members as needed to encourage a team atmosphere.
- Take pride in your role in order to embody an exceptional guest service atmosphere.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Be an outgoing and welcoming personality for the Hotel.
- Use logical thinking and personal judgment to perform a variety of tasks.
- Make decisions based on your own judgment and company policy.
- Follow written and/or verbal instructions without supervision.
- Speak and write clearly and accurately.
- Be available for work during days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Hilton Brand experience a plus but not necessary!
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurances
- Disability Insurances (Short-Term and Long-Term)
- Supplemental Life Insurances (Self, Spouse and Children)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Identity Theft Protection
- Sick Time, Vacation Time and Holidays
- AMAZING HOTEL DISCOUNTS!
25 Allied Drive
Dedham, MA 02026
Managed by TPG Hotels, Resorts & Marinas