Restaurant Server (AM)
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport
posted September 25, 2023
Come work for the best full service hotel on the BWI corridor as part of our food and beverage team. Get in on the fun!
Become Part of the TPG Hotels, Resorts & Marina Team……
TPG Hotels, Resorts & Marina’s is widely recognized as one of the nation’s premier hotel management companies. We are a national operator of hospitality assets across the entire chain scale, from focused-service hotels and lifestyle/resort properties to upper upscale luxury hotels and nautically based hospitality assets. Whether an investment partner or straight third-party operator, we are always operating on behalf of capital partners, and our role as entrusted stewards is to deliver top performance for our guests, investors and to fulfill the brand promise. Joining the Team gives you a rewarding career opportunity with a nationally ranked hospitality management company that focuses on customer satisfaction and personal growth. We pride ourselves in continually seeking motivated team members who believe guest service is the top priority.
We are currently seeking highly motivated hospitality professionals for the position of Breakfast Server to join our team at the beautiful Doubletree by Hilton – BWI Airport.
The Restaurant Server is responsible for greeting, selling/order taking and serving guests in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Process guest checks and collect payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card transactions, room charge processing and accounting policies and procedures.
What you’ll be doing
- Assist in seating and greeting the guest.
- Answer all questions about cooking methods, menu items, specials and prices.
- Accurate and prompt guest order taking.
- Prompt submission of food orders with the kitchen in accordance with prescribed procedures.
- Prepare beverage and food orders in accordance with prescribed procedures.
- Check food to ascertain appearance, temperature and portions are correct.
- Timely delivery of beverage and food orders.
- Prepare guest checks accurately and present prior to guests’ departure.
- Report all tips in compliance with Company policy and IRS regulations.
- Collect payment from the guests in compliance with cash handling, credit card transactions, room charge processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Clean all spills and breakage immediately.
- Remove dirty ashtrays, glasses, dishes, silverware, and trash from occupied tables.
- Clear empty tables of linens, dishes and debris and place items in proper areas. Reset the tables.
- Clean and restock service items.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report all incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security, and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned.
Skills and Abilities
High school education or related experience. Alcohol awareness certification and familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred. Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service. Ability to understand and comply with proper ordering and food handling techniques and state and local serving guidelines. Process guest checks and collect payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card transactions, room charge processing and accounting policies and procedures.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
Physical work is a primary part of many of our hotel and resort jobs. Physical requirements include extended standing and walking, climbing, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling, and lifting to 50 lbs. Some work is performed in an interior hotel environment with equipment and machines. The work involves exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals, dirt, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. The exposure to hazards or physical risks requires following basic safety precautions and use of applicable protective equipment.
Full benefits package included for full-time employees!
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurances
- Disability Insurances
- Supplemental Life Insurances
- Identity Theft Protection
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off, Vacation and Holidays
- AMAZING HOTEL DISCOUNTS to any property in the TPG portfolio and MUCH MORE!
Part-Time Benefits Also Available!
890 Elkridge Landing Road
Linthicum, MD 21090
Current Job Openings
- Maintenance Engineer 1
- Executive Housekeeping Assistant
- Restaurant Server
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Front Desk Supervisor
- Assistant Chief Engineer
- Front Office Manager
- Engineering Supervisor / Assistant Chief Engineer
- Banquet Set-Up Houseperson
- Lobby Bar Bartender