The Laundry Attendant processes, washes, dries, irons and folds linens and other items in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
What you will be doing
- Receive and sort soiled linen into appropriate containers. Follow proper policies and procedures regarding decontamination and quality standards.
- Operate commercial washers with approved detergents, required temperatures and proper laundry weight.
- Finish laundry which may include operating linen feeders, sheet and towel folders and flatwork ironing machines. Fold all items based on policies, procedures and brand standards.
- Ensure finished products are inspected and meet quality standards.
- Keep assigned work areas in clean and safe condition.
- Prompt reporting to housekeeping management all emergencies, injuries, missing articles, damage, mechanical problems and safety hazards.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other mattes of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned.
- Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
Education and Experience:
- High school education or related experience.
- Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service.
- Ability to correctly use laundry supplies and operate industrial laundry equipment.
- Ability to understand and comply with proper cleaning techniques and procedures.
- Ability to timely complete tasks and resolve basic matters.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
- Paid vacation
- Personal/Sick Days
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Free Parking
- Matching 401-K
- Room Discounts
- THIS POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR A $200 DOLLAR SIGN ON BONUS AFTER 90 DAYS OF SUCCESSFUL EMPLOYMENT. PLEASE ASK THE HIRING MANAGER FOR MORE DETAILS