Posted November 20, 2021
Be part of the solution and feel important.
The Maintenance Engineer performs interior and external preventative maintenance along with mechanical, electrical, plumbing, boilers, chillers and HVAC repairs in compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Responds to engineering service calls. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Perform interior and exterior preventive maintenance and repairs such as mechanical, electrical, plumbing, boilers, chillers and HVAC. Respond promptly to elevator
breakdowns. Maintain accurate maintenance records.
• Respond to and resolve engineering service requests in a courteous, efficient, safe manner.
• Appropriate and proper use of engineering supplies and tools.
• Maintain all engineering and work areas in orderly and clean condition.
• Prompt reporting to engineering management all emergencies, injuries, missing articles, damage, mechanical problems and safety hazards.
• Document all parts used and parts needed to be purchased.
• On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
• Attend department meetings as scheduled.
• Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
• Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
• Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on
any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
• Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
• Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
Equal Opportunity Employer
890 Elkridge Landing Road
Linthicum, MD 21090
Telephone (410) 859-8400
260 Room Hotel
The newly renovated DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore - BWI Airport boasts a new lobby and a fully refurbished bar and restaurant. Our hotel is located in an office park, convenient to businesses in Baltimore, Maryland and Washington, DC.
Guests can begin their visit with our signature warm Chocolate Chip Cookie. In each guest room guests will find a luxurious Sweet Dreams® bed, a spacious work area, 37-inch HDTV and complimentary WiFi. After a good night's sleep, we invite our guests to start their day with our Wake Up DoubleTree Breakfast™. We also have Eden’s Landing restaurant to sample American dishes with a regional twist for breakfast, lunch and dinner or to relax with a cocktail and an appetizer.
We are ready to host a business meeting, wedding or special event in our 10,000 sq. ft. conference center. Our experienced catering and banquet staff provide the perfect setting for any occasion. Our 24-hour business center, A/V support and complimentary WiFi in public areas help ensure a successful event.