Posted May 3, 2021
Hilton Garden Providence is looking for a full-time (4-5 shifts per week) Night Auditor. Must have schedule flexibility and be available for weekends & Holidays. Shift is from 11pm - 7am. Previous hotel night audit experience is preferred! We offer free parking, excellent pay and good benefits.
Hilton Garden Providence is looking for full-time (4-5 shifts a week) Night Auditor. Must have schedule flexibility and be available for weekends & Holidays. Shift is from 11pm - 7am. Previous hotel night audit experience preferred! We offer free parking, excellent pay and good benefits. APPLY TODAY!
The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Night Auditor performs the duties of a Front Desk Agent and completes, balances and files night audit reports on the various areas of the hotel (i.e. food & beverage outlets, rooms/front desk, gift shop, etc.) to provide accurate, timely information in accordance with cash handling, credit card processing and accounting policies and procedures. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
- Audit, balance, post and report on food and beverage charges to ensure accuracy and proper cash handling procedures are followed.
- Audit, balance, post and report on the room charges including phone calls, zero balance folios, corrections, adjustments, taxes, disputed charges, over/short figures to ensure accuracy and proper cash handling procedures are followed.
- Complete, balance and file night audit reports including over/short figures, deposits, counts, house charges, and promotional materials.
- Prepare and input statistics and income journal sheets for preparation of daily reports.
- Perform the duties of a Front Desk Agent including greeting, registering and assigning rooms in accordance with policies and procedures. Use suggestive selling skills and company sales programs to maximize revenue and occupancy levels.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Answer the telephone and transfer callers.
- On time and at work when scheduled and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests, vendors and associates.
Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
QUALIFICATIONS The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
High school education or equivalent experience. Hotel front desk and/or accounting background and familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to complete Front Desk Agent duties and process night audit in compliance with Company policies and procedures. Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters. Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures. Ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment. Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
We offer an array of company sponsored and voluntary benefits to full and part time team members! We believe that taking care of our team members is a top priority, and because of this, we work diligently to provide you with the best benefits available!
Part time (20 hours/week) team members are eligible for:
- Complimentary Parking
- Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance and AD&D
- Long Term and Short Term Disability Insurance
- Our Employee Assistance Program
- Team Member Room Discounts!
Hilton Garden Inn Providence
137 Room Hotel
Apply to be a member of our TPG Hotels & Resorts family,
a Top 10 Hotel Management Team and "hospitality employer of choice!"
At A Glance
Industrial meets nautical at our Hilton Garden Inn Providence. As the only waterfront hotel in the Providence area, we offer rooms with stunning harbor views as well as convenience to water activities. Located on the trendy East Side of the city, visitors will find plenty of dining and shopping options on Wickenden Street, within walking distance of our property. We also offer a complimentary shuttle to downtown and surrounding areas.
Guests can start their day with your choice of a delicious breakfast options at our on-site restaurant or grab something to go from our Pavilion Pantry, open 24-hours. We invite guests to sip their morning coffee on the outdoor patio with soft seating and waterfront views.
Our rooms are designed with traveler's needs in mind. From the plush hypoallergenic pillows to evening room service, 49-inch HDTVs and complimentary WiFi, we cover it all.
We are ready to host events at our Providence hotel in the flexible 1,052 sq. ft. of meeting space with on-site catering and A/V equipment available.
- Waterfront location with on-site dining
- Across from India Point Park with bike path, running trails and sailing
- Complimentary hotel shuttle to surrounding area and downtown Providence
- One mile from downtown Providence
- Close to Brown University, Providence College and Rhode Island School of Design