Posted May 3, 2021
You will want to work here! People are our greatest assets. TPG Hotels & Resorts is proud of its ability to recruit, train and retain the best hospitality personnel in the business. The Hilton Garden Inn is looking for an energetic and friendly person for Front Desk Supervisor. Previous hotel expe
Front Desk Supervisor
The Hilton Garden Inn is looking for an energetic and friendly person to work as a front desk supervisor. Previous hotel experience is a must. This candidate must have a flexible schedule and have the ability to work mornings, evening, weekend, holidays and some overnights. If you're looking for a place to call home, please apply today!
The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
This job is full-time and requires OPEN AVAILABILITY, which includes working AM, PM and overnight shifts as well as weekends and holidays.
The Front Desk Supervisor is responsible for daily supervision of the Front Desk staff, quality service, guest satisfaction and safety. Supervises check-ins, check-outs, and resolves guest requests in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Supervises the processing of guest bills and collection of payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card processing and accounting policies and procedures. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
- Supervise the Front Desk staff. Ensure new associates are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to achieve job expectations. Evaluate the staff’s job performance and coach and counsel as necessary. Clearly communicate to associates the standards of performance and their role in contributing to individual and team success. Ensure all required training occurs including orientation, safety, fire, alcohol awareness, food handling and blood-borne pathogen. Ensure staff compliance with internal controls, policies, procedures, standards and regulations. Insist on a work environment that is free from harassment.
- Supervise and process guest check-ins and room assignments following the hotel’s rate structures, discounts and sell/upsell strategies. Accommodate special requests when possible.
- Supervise and process check-in/check-out and collect payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Answer inquiries about hotel services, in-house events, directions, local attractions, etc. Assist guests with check cashing, safety boxes, additional guest room keys, transportation, etc.
- If necessary, walk guests in a professional and courteous manner and in compliance with policies, procedures and brand stands.
- Supervise and process pre-register, block reservations and, as appropriate, same day and future reservations. Cancel room reservations according to policies and procedures.
- On time and at work when scheduled and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Other duties and tasks as requested by management.
QUALIFICATIONS The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
High school education plus schooling in hospitality management, business or related experience. Two or more years of related experience. Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to effectively and efficiently supervise staff, daily operations and resolve operational problems in compliance with policies and procedures. Ability to appropriately interview, hire, schedule, motivate, train, monitor and address staff performance. Knowledge of guest service and the ability to correctly process check-ins and check-outs, answers questions, and resolves guest requests in compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Ability to processes guest bills and collects payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card processing and accounting policies and procedures.
Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify, investigate and resolve matters. Attention to details, good organizational skills and efficient time management. Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures. Ability to operate a computer, phone and other office equipment.
Display consistent professional leadership with effective listening and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while simultaneously handling competing and changing priorities. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
We offer an array of company sponsored and voluntary benefits to full and part time team members! We believe that taking care of our team members is a top priority, and because of this, we work diligently to provide you with the best benefits available!
Full time (30 hours/week) team members are eligible for:
- Complimentary Parking
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Insurance
- No-Cost Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance and AD&D
- Long Term and Short Term Disability Insurance
- Our Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Reimbursement Accounts
- Vacation and Sick Time
- Team Member Room Discounts!
Hilton Garden Inn Providence
137 Room Hotel
Apply to be a member of our TPG Hotels & Resorts family,
a Top 10 Hotel Management Team and "hospitality employer of choice!"
At A Glance
Industrial meets nautical at our Hilton Garden Inn Providence. As the only waterfront hotel in the Providence area, we offer rooms with stunning harbor views as well as convenience to water activities. Located on the trendy East Side of the city, visitors will find plenty of dining and shopping options on Wickenden Street, within walking distance of our property. We also offer a complimentary shuttle to downtown and surrounding areas.
Guests can start their day with your choice of a delicious breakfast options at our on-site restaurant or grab something to go from our Pavilion Pantry, open 24-hours. We invite guests to sip their morning coffee on the outdoor patio with soft seating and waterfront views.
Our rooms are designed with traveler's needs in mind. From the plush hypoallergenic pillows to evening room service, 49-inch HDTVs and complimentary WiFi, we cover it all.
We are ready to host events at our Providence hotel in the flexible 1,052 sq. ft. of meeting space with on-site catering and A/V equipment available.
- Waterfront location with on-site dining
- Across from India Point Park with bike path, running trails and sailing
- Complimentary hotel shuttle to surrounding area and downtown Providence
- One mile from downtown Providence
- Close to Brown University, Providence College and Rhode Island School of Design