Posted November 12, 2020
COME JOIN THE FAMILY
Business Travel - Sales Manager
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the BT Sales Manager is responsible for representing the company to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. Responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in assigned market. Listen to customer needs, analyze this information and create tailored proposals. Negotiate and close sales while meeting/exceeding sales targets. Impress customers with tailored proposals, quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner. Work with management throughout the hotel and the Company.
- A four-year college degree in hospitality management, marketing, business or related degree or equivalent experience preferred. Two or more years of sales related experience encouraged. Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred. Ability to travel locally and overnight.
- Requires a minimum of 5 year(s) of experience.
- Must have experience at properties of similar size and quality.
- Position will be required to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, week-ends, and holidays.
- Experience selling to a variety of market segments, with a concentration on the Corporate market.
- Actively participate in industry related organizations.
- Strong background in selling rooms, F&B, Catering, Meeting Rooms, and A/V.
- Thorough knowledge of sales techniques.
- Enjoy asking for business and closing sales.
- Works well under pressure.
- Track record developing long term business relationships.
- Maintain consistent verbal and written communication with clients.
- Have a good working knowledge of Delphi.
- Work effectively with Rooms, Recreation, Catering, Conference/Convention Services, and Banquet Departments.
- Excellent phone sales skills.
- Consistently meet or exceed sales goals.
- Enjoy a team sales approach.
- Candidates must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Previous sales experience in full-service, upscale hotels required.
We offer a highly competitive benefit package!
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurances
- Disability Insurances
- Supplemental Life Insurances (Self, Spouse and Child)
- Identity Theft Protection
- Paid Time Off, Vacation and Holidays
- AMAZING HOTEL DISCOUNTS!
- AND MORE!
Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown
223 Room All Suite
Apply to be a member of our TPG Hotels & Resorts family,
a Top 10 Hotel Management Team and "hospitality employer of choice!"
Located in the heart of Brandywine Valley, Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown offers a world of thoughtful services, impeccable accommodations and unparalleled comforts. Recharge in our pet- friendly hotel suites with perks including luxury bedding, mini-refrigerators, microwaves, flat-panel TVs and cozy pullout sofas. Club-level suites grant access to our exclusive Sheraton Club Lounge with amenities such as free Wi-Fi and daily breakfast. Guests can dine on delicious American cuisine at Basil Bar & Grill for breakfast, lunch and dinner. For those planning a professional or social event, they'll appreciate our event venues, which are expertly supported by planning services, technology and catering options. Our hotel's location makes it easy to explore the area's most popular destinations including Frawley Stadium, Delaware Art Museum and Christiana Care Wilmington Hospital. Resort to the relaxation at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown in Delaware.