Posted October 16, 2020
THE WESTIN FORT LAUDERDALE NORTH IS LOOKING FOR A PART-TIME BARTENDER!
Bartender - Part-Time
The Bartender sets up, prepares and serves beverages and breaks down bars in a safe and efficient manner. Processes guest checks and payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card and room charge processing and accounting policies and procedures.
What you will be doing
- Set up bar in compliance with policies, procedures and brand standards.
- Prepare and serve drinks following policies and procedures, proper food handling and serving techniques, alcohol awareness, and federal, state and local regulations.
- Immediately notify management of incidents involving possible excessive alcohol consumption or an impaired condition.
- Processes guest checks and payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card and room charge processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Report all tips in compliance with company policy and IRS regulations.
- Maintain clean bar and ashtrays including proper removal of trash, empty glasses, etc.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
Education and Experience:
- High school education plus bartending training.
- One or more years of related experience.
- Alcohol awareness certification and familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service.
- Knowledge of and ability to properly prepare mixed drinks and other beverages.
- Ability to understand and comply with proper food handling and serving techniques and with federal, state and local serving regulations.
- Ability to process cash handling, credit card and room charge transactions in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment.
- Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
- Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient.
Part-Time benefits available!
- Vision Insurances
- Disability Insurances
- Supplemental Life Insurances
- Identity Theft Protection
- AMAZING HOTEL DISCOUNTS!
The Westin Fort Lauderdale
298 Room Hotel
Apply to be a member of our TPG Hotels & Resorts family,
a Top 10 Hotel Management Team and 'hospitality employer of choice!'
Located minutes from Blue Wave beaches like Lauderdale-by-the-Sea and Pompano Beach, the Port Everglades cruise port and the offices of many Fortune 500 companies, the hotel is ideally positioned for a balanced trip of business and leisure. Our 22,000 square feet of flexible meeting space and a 24-hour business center support an engaging visit, while invigorating amenities like an outdoor pool and whirlpool with lagoon views, fully-equipped gym with dry sauna and nourishing dining options help guests feel their best. Our 298 guest rooms and suites are restorative retreats overlooking tropical lagoon or city views. Guests can nestle into the signature Heavenly® Bed for a restorative night's sleep. Signature Westin bath amenities and the Heavenly® Bath awaken the senses.