Posted November 23, 2020
CMIT IT Solutions of Central Rhode Island, located in Cranston, Rhode Island is looking for an experienced Senior Hospitality Systems Engineer.
Senior Hospitality Systems Engineer - CMIT Solutions
CMIT IT Solutions of Central Rhode Island, located in Cranston, Rhode Island is looking for an experienced Senior Hospitality Systems Engineer. This position manages day-today project activities within multiple hotel environments.
What you will be doing
- Manage project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Develop, maintain and manage project plans and associated communications documents.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope and identify potential issues, and devise contingency and mitigation plans.
- Develop and prepare project status reports and corresponding presentations and analyze their results, troubleshoots problems area and make recommendations.
- Follow-up with team members to ensure timely completion of deliverables
- Keep pace with emerging project management trends and best practices.
The ideal candidate for this position
- Four-year Bachelor's degree in related field along with specialized post graduate courses
- Five to ten years of previous experience in IT
- Previous Hotel or Resort experience
- Minimum three years WAN/LAN Network Engineering and Operations experience.
- Minimum two years of supervisory experience
- Previous hospitality project experience including transition and new builds required.
- Experience with PMS systems and interfacing including Opera, PMS, Lightspeed, OnQ, etc.
- Experience with Point of Sale Systems Micros, Agilisys, Aloha, Digital Dining.
- Experience with Networking equipment including HP, Cisco, SonicWALL, Ruckus
- Experience with credit card systems including, Elavon, Merchant Link and Shift4
- PCI Experience required
- Ability to travel as required. (Approx. 25%)
- Ability to work flexible days/hours. Some on-call duty required.
Licenses and Professional Certifications
- MCSA/MCSE preferred
- CCNA/CCNP preferred
1140 Reservoir Avenue
Cranston, RI 02920
Telephone (401) 946-4600
TPG Hotels & Resorts
TPG Hotels & Resorts
Apply to be a member of our TPG Hotels & Resorts family,
a Top 10 Hotel Management Team and "hospitality employer of choice!"
About TPG Hotels & Resorts
TPG is considered among the nation’s elite hotel companies by evidence of its consistent national ranking as a top hospitality manager and top hospitality construction company. These results have earned TPG preferred status as an approved operator of all the major hotels brands including Hilton, Hyatt, InterContinental, Marriott, Wyndham, and Starwood.
Via TPG’s proprietary value optimization process, TPG creates unprecedented value by exploiting a hotel’s operational inefficiencies via techniques refined through years of hospitality management experience. Having sustained growth, invested, and operated through several market cycles, the company is able to position properties to prosper in up cycles and mitigate risk in down cycles through highly skilled hands-on management.
It is through TPG’s proven ability to tailor its value-add strategy, either as an owner/operator or third party hospitality manager, that lenders, servicers, portfolio owners and investors have repeatedly realized above market performance.
TPG has owned, developed or managed over 160 hotels representing more than 30,000 guest rooms in 32 states coast to coast. TPG is considered among the nation's elite hotel companies, a fact confirmed by its consistent national ranking as a top hospitality operator. These results have earned TPG Hospitality preferred status as an approved operator of all the major hotels brands including Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Wyndham and others.
TPG’s current operating portfolio includes more than 50 branded and independent hotels comprising over 11,000 guestrooms in 21 states across the U.S. with national workforce of approximately 5,000.
Why People Like to Work for Us
At TPG Hotels & Resorts our strengths lie in the full integration of services—from strategic capital improvements to choosing the right brand and effectively managing operations. Success in hospitality is a combination of an excellent product, extraordinary service and keen financial management.
TPG Hotels & Resorts' large and diverse portfolio includes the nation's leading hotel brands—Hilton, InterContinental, Marriott and Starwood properties.
TPG Hotels & Resorts' senior executives average over 20 years of hospitality and real estate experience and are astute at balancing the priorities of our associates and guests. We believe that hotel value enhancement begins with rehabilitation, and that with vertical integration we can maximize revenues, product, and process.
At TPG Hotels & Resorts we are driven to deliver superior brand quality, value and service to our guests and owners.
People are our greatest assets. TPG Hotels & Resorts is proud of its ability to recruit, train and retain the best hospitality personnel in the business. Nationwide, TPG-managed properties are recognized as great places to work and build a career.
TPG Hotels & Resorts supports an entrepreneurial culture by empowering managers and associates to make their jobs rewarding, enriching and fulfilling. Training programs are provided to encourage professional advancement as well as personal success and growth.
Our commitment to excellence in management, service and guest satisfaction is second to none. Being responsive to guest needs is a talent shared and nurtured by everyone at TPG. We believe that achieving exceptional service is invaluable to sustaining profitable operations over the long term.