Posted November 22, 2020
Come join the family in NOLA!
Hotel One11, New Orleans newest hotel is looking for an Accounting Manager!
*This hotel is set to open December 1, 2020*
What you will be doing
In this position, you will be managing staff and day to day operations including payroll, accounts payable and receivable, general cashiering, taxes and communicating with Regional Director of Finance. Functions include:
- Verify purchasing policies and procedures are followed, i.e. purchase order price compared to invoice price, purchase order quantity compared to invoice quantity, and validity of purchase order number.
- Route invoices with attached purchase order to management for approval. Ensure account coding is accurate and all invoices are returned in a timely basis.
- Ensure appropriate signatures and back-up is attached. Process all approved invoices for payment.
- Pay all invoices timely ensuring accuracy of amount, account coding, and price reduction for all discounts.
- Respond promptly to vendor inquiries.
- Maintain open invoices file, paid invoices file and voided check file in an organized and up-to-date manner.
- Run trials by departments. Distribute to appropriate managers and ensure all interfacing is completed.
- Verify accuracy of Night Audit work i.e. reconciliation of banquet check extensions, coding of banquets at cost, review and route sales and promotion checks with back-up.
- Post ledger payments, reconcile and bill accounts. Perform follow-up billing, collection documentation and inform management of potential uncollected accounts.
- Reconcile credit card back up and inform management of any discrepancies. Bill out credit cards (AMEX, MC, VISA etc.).
- Process and follow-up on all returned checks accepted as cash payment. Record General Ledger and City Ledger reconciliation.
- Set up new accounts in accordance with policies and procedures
- Any other duties / tasks as requested by management.
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurances
- Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- AMAZING HOTEL DISCOUNTS to our sister properties!
- and MORE!
The ideal candidate for this position
- Four year college degree (Accounting preferred) or equivalent education experience.
- Three or more years of employment in related position.
- Hospitality experience a PLUS but not required
83 Room Hotel
A historic seven-story building in the French Quarter is being transformed. What was once the heart of the New Orleans sugar processing industry will be revitalized as One11, an 83-room boutique hotel offering its guests an experience that is refined, warm, and reflective of this unique place.