Posted November 2, 2020
Keeping our hotel running smoothly is vital to our guest's experience – as Maintenance Engineer you’ll keep everything looking sharp and running like clockwork. From simple repairs to forward-thinking for the next day.
- Repair or replace items around the hotel and refurbish items in guest rooms. By keeping on top of these tasks, you’ll keep our hotels looking great and working well.
- Organize supplies and make sure equipment is ready for the next day
- Live up to high safety standards – follow guidelines and tell your supervisor about any incidents, dangerous conditions or unsafe equipment
- Take responsibility for the safety and cleanliness of areas inside and outside the hotel, like the car park and pool
- Always keep an eye out for improvements – follow the preventative maintenance calendar and keep everything working and efficient at all times
- Be a friendly face and helping hand to our guests
- Keep your supervisor or duty manager in the loop and tell them about any low running supplies
- Look smart and approachable in your uniform
- Be ready to take on extra duties as and when the team needs you
What we need from you
- Experience – you’ll have at least one year of maintenance or repair work under your belt
- A high school diploma or related vocational training
- You’ll be familiar with Microsoft Office, a building management program and/or any other reporting tools
- On top of building equipment and hand tools, you’ll have a working knowledge of basic plumbing, electrics and preventative maintenance procedures
- CPO certification – if the hotel has a pool, a Certified Pool Operator license would be ideal
- Compliance – as well as meeting local laws on food handling and serving alcohol, you’ll be above the minimum age required and fluent in the local language
- Great communication skills, you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to
We offer a highly competitive benefits package!
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurances
- Disability Insurances
- Supplemental Life Insurances
- Identity Theft Protection
- Paid Vacation, PTO and Holidays
- AMAZING HOTEL DISCOUNTS
- AND MUCH MORE!
The Westin Fort Lauderdale
298 Room Hotel
Apply to be a member of our TPG Hotels & Resorts family,
a Top 10 Hotel Management Team and 'hospitality employer of choice!'
Located minutes from Blue Wave beaches like Lauderdale-by-the-Sea and Pompano Beach, the Port Everglades cruise port and the offices of many Fortune 500 companies, the hotel is ideally positioned for a balanced trip of business and leisure. Our 22,000 square feet of flexible meeting space and a 24-hour business center support an engaging visit, while invigorating amenities like an outdoor pool and whirlpool with lagoon views, fully-equipped gym with dry sauna and nourishing dining options help guests feel their best. Our 298 guest rooms and suites are restorative retreats overlooking tropical lagoon or city views. Guests can nestle into the signature Heavenly® Bed for a restorative night's sleep. Signature Westin bath amenities and the Heavenly® Bath awaken the senses.