Posted November 23, 2020
If your smile has the ability to brighten someone's day, we're looking for you!
The Room Attendant cleans and supplies guest rooms and related areas in safe and efficient compliance. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management.
What you will be doing
- Receive room assignments, priority room requests, keys and supplies from Housekeeping management. Review room assignments, retrieve and stock caddie/cart to ensure all supplies, linen and amenities are available to properly clean guest rooms. Review list for any special requests. Turn in keys, properly store and secure caddie/cart and unused supplies at end of shift.
- Clean and stock guest rooms with appropriate supplies in accordance with policies, procedures and brand standards. Change linens and towels, make beds, scrub bathroom, vacuum, mop, dust, wash windows, mirrors and walls, remove trash, place amenities, etc. Perform quality check on the television, telephone, heating/air conditioning, and lights.
- Appropriate and proper use of cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Respond to and resolve housekeeping requests and complaints by guests.
- Prompt reports to housekeeping management of all emergencies, injuries, missing articles, damage, mechanical problems and safety hazards.
- Prompt turn in to housekeeping management of all articles left in guest rooms after checkout for entry into Lost and Found.
- Perform duties of Lobby Attendant, Turn down Attendant or Laundry Attendant as assigned.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
Education and Experience:
- High school education or related experience.
- Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service.
- Ability to understand and comply with proper cleaning techniques, procedures and brand standards.
- Ability to operate a vacuum, mop and properly use cleaning equipment and supplies. Ability to timely complete assigned rooms, organize housekeeping cart, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters.
- Ability to operate a clock radio, lamp, coffee maker, phone, TV and other guest room equipment.
- Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
- Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient.
- Paid vacation
- Personal/Sick Days
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Free Parking
- Matching 401-K
- Company Hotel Travel Discounts
This is a great opportunity to work for a growing hotel company. We provide an excellent benefits package.
The Postcard Inn on the Beach is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Postcard Inn St. Pete Beach
196 Room Hotel
Apply to be a member of our TPG Hotels & Resorts family,
a Top 10 Hotel Management Team and "hospitality employer of choice!"
Catering to guests who are happiest in bathing suits and bare feet, Postcard Inn On The Beach recalls the bygone days when road trips ruled and surfers were the undisputed stars. “Hip, affordable and resolutely casual” says Travel + Leisure of our sun-kissed St. Pete Beach Gulf Front resort, where guests kick back in surfer chic guest rooms, savor fresh Floribbean cuisine and sip cool tropical cocktails and local brews at the oldest bar on the beach.
Whoever said all hotel rooms should be the same had no idea what they were missing! We invite our guests to feast their eyes on our 196 uniquely designed rooms created to make every beach getaway even more epic by adding the perfect backdrop to any vacation.