Posted June 23, 2020
Lead the Team that keeps things running as the guest experience evolves.
We are currently looking for a Chief Engineer to lead our Engineering Team at Hilton Boston Dedham!
What you will be doing
- Conducting walk-throughs and visually assessing the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment
- Informing the General Manager and hotel department heads on a regular basis regarding the specific and overall condition of the building structure, related systems and equipment offering prudent, cost effective proposals for maintaining these systems
- Ensuring all projects, including, but not limited to, routine maintenance, repairs, replacement and renovation projects, are completed on time and according to specifications.
- Maintaining effective Energy Management and Preventative Maintenance programs and conducting special training for other operating departments on the safe and efficient use of equipment and energy in the hotel
- Working closely with other departments to ensure coordination of activities
- Supervising Engineering associates including hiring, training, evaluations, development and disciplining
- Preparing and adjusting weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts
- Authorizing requests for personal time off, holidays for team members, schedule changes, overtime, purchase requests and expenditures.
- Reviewing guest comments and ensuring that problems are identified and corrected in a timely manner.
- Responding to guest requests in a timely, professional and friendly manner to help ensure that we are meeting or exceeding guest expectations.
- Acting as the safety coordinator for the entire hotel including ensuring that all emergency equipment and systems are inspected, tested and certified per standards.
- Maintaining a safe and working environment throughout the hotel for all associates, enforcing safety guidelines and building awareness about safety
- Ensuring compliance with OSHA, Fire & Safety Laws
- Recommending capital expenditures and acquiring bids as appropriate
- Managing expenses within approved budget guidelines
- Assessing critical repairs and facilitating an immediate and cost effective response
- Implementing and managing procedures and practices that ensure quality assurance for work performed by hotel maintenance teams Ensuring that there is an adequate inventory of parts, supplies, tools and materials available through effective ordering
The ideal candidate for this position
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an Engineer in a hotel, hospital, or building, including two years in a supervisory capacity
- Must have a thorough knowledge of all types of mechanical equipment such as chillers, boilers, water softeners, and refrigeration equipment
- Must have extensive working knowledge of building systems to include but not limited to; HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, painting and carpentry
- Must have excellent supervisory and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
- Paid time Off, Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurances
- Disability Insurances
- Supplemental Life Insurances
- Identity Theft Protection
- AMAZING HOTEL DISCOUNTS through our sister hotels!
- and more!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
256 Room Hotel
Apply to be a member of our TPG Hotels & Resorts family,
a Top 10 Hotel Management Team and "hospitality employer of choice!"
At A Glance
Overlooking tranquil woods, and only 10 miles from downtown Boston, the newly-renovated Hilton Boston/Dedham is a great choice for both business and leisure travelers. Located off I-95, our proximity to multiple train stations and complimentary shuttle service allow visitors to travel around easily. Inside the hotel guests will find modern and welcoming rooms and suites, great recreational amenities, vibrant local cuisine and stunning indoor/outdoor function space for their business or social event.
- Located in a picturesque area, 11 miles from downtown Boston
- Near numerous corporate offices, shopping and attractions
- Complimentary shuttle within a 5-mile radius
- On-site dining for breakfast and dinner at Herb N' Kitchen
- Spacious rooms and suites with free WiFi, fridge and 49-inch HDTV
- 10,000 sq. ft. Atlantis Sports Club with modern gym and indoor pool
- 12,000 sq. ft. of meeting and wedding space for up to 400 guests