Posted June 17, 2020
Come work on beautiful Nantucket this summer!
Maintenance Engineer / Driver
The Veranda House Hotel Collection, and Regatta Inn is seeking a Maintenance Engineer / Driver
This is a seasonal Full-time position, working from June to October. Accommodations are included!
What you will be doing
- Perform interior and exterior preventive maintenance and repairs such as mechanical, electrical, plumbing.a
- Respond to and resolve engineering service requests in a courteous, efficient, safe manner.
- Appropriate and proper use of engineering supplies and tools.
- Maintain all engineering and work areas in orderly and clean condition.
- Document all parts used and parts needed to be purchased.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
- Driving guests in the courtesy vehicle.
Qualifications: reliability, dependability and a strong work ethic are a must. The right candidate will be attentive, hard working, detail-oriented and able to work as part of a team.
The Veranda House Hotel Collection
29 Room Hotel
Indulge in our 5 star quality guest services without sacrificing location. Just steps from pristine beaches, gourmet restaurants and the quaint shops of this historic whaling town, it is easy to see why discerning guests choose our luxury boutique hotel collection in the heart of Nantucket.
Our restored and modernized buildings have aged gracefully; it is not everyday that you can check into a 17th century building in Massachusetts . . . let alone on an island. Our floors may rattle a bit, but you will bask in the historic and thoughtful design of the low-keyed peacefulness of our setting and gardens. We invite children age 10 and over in our family suite at Arbor Cottage. For those with mobility issues, upper floors are reachable only by stairs. Complimentary breakfast, complimentary wifi. Each room is designed for two in either one king or queen bed.