Posted June 17, 2020
Come work on beautiful Nantucket this summer!
Breakfast Attendant / Laundry Attendant
The Veranda House Hotel Collection, and Regatta Inn is seeking an energetic and caring room/breakfast attendant!
This is a seasonal Full-time position, working from June to October. Accommodations are included!
What you will be doing
- As a Room Attendant you would be responsible for receiving and reviewing room assignments from the housekeeping manager, stocking your cart with the proper supplies, linen and amenities needed to properly reset the guest rooms.
- Properly cleaning the guest rooms would include changing linens and towels, making beds, scrubbing the bathroom, vacuuming, dusting, window/mirror washing, removing trash and replenishing amenities, laundry upkeep.
- Prepare dining area and beverages in accordance with prescribed procedures.
- Timely deliver food and beverage orders.
- Clean all spills and breakage immediately. Remove dirty dishes, glasses, silverware and trash from occupied tables. Clear empty tables of linens, dishes and debris and place them in proper areas. Clean and restock service items.
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report all incidents of guest dissatisfaction to manager/supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
Qualifications: reliability, dependability and a strong work ethic are a must. The right candidate will be attentive, hard working, detail-oriented and able to work as part of a team.
The Veranda House Hotel Collection
29 Room Hotel
Indulge in our 5 star quality guest services without sacrificing location. Just steps from pristine beaches, gourmet restaurants and the quaint shops of this historic whaling town, it is easy to see why discerning guests choose our luxury boutique hotel collection in the heart of Nantucket.
Our restored and modernized buildings have aged gracefully; it is not everyday that you can check into a 17th century building in Massachusetts . . . let alone on an island. Our floors may rattle a bit, but you will bask in the historic and thoughtful design of the low-keyed peacefulness of our setting and gardens. We invite children age 10 and over in our family suite at Arbor Cottage. For those with mobility issues, upper floors are reachable only by stairs. Complimentary breakfast, complimentary wifi. Each room is designed for two in either one king or queen bed.