Posted June 16, 2020
Postcard Inn on the Beach is currently seeking for experienced Bartenders for our Outlets!
The Bartender sets up, prepares and serves beverages and breaks down bars in a safe and efficient manner. Processes guest checks and payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card and room charge processing and accounting policies and procedures.
What you will be doing
- Set up bar in compliance with policies, procedures and brand standards.
- Prepare and serve drinks following policies and procedures, proper food handling and serving techniques, alcohol awareness, and federal, state and local regulations.
- Immediately notify management of incidents involving possible excessive alcohol consumption or an impaired condition.
- Processes guest checks and payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card and room charge processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Report all tips in compliance with company policy and IRS regulations.
- Maintain clean bar and ashtrays including proper removal of trash, empty glasses, etc.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
Education and Experience:
- High school education plus bartending training.
- One or more years of related experience.
- Alcohol awareness certification and familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service.
- Knowledge of and ability to properly prepare mixed drinks and other beverages.
- Ability to understand and comply with proper food handling and serving techniques and with federal, state and local serving regulations.
- Ability to process cash handling, credit card and room charge transactions in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment.
- Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
- Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient.
This is a great opportunity to work for a growing hotel company. We provide an excellent benefits package.
The Postcard Inn on the Beach is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Postcard Inn St. Pete Beach
196 Room Hotel
Apply to be a member of our TPG Hotels & Resorts family,
a Top 10 Hotel Management Team and "hospitality employer of choice!"
Catering to guests who are happiest in bathing suits and bare feet, Postcard Inn On The Beach recalls the bygone days when road trips ruled and surfers were the undisputed stars. “Hip, affordable and resolutely casual” says Travel + Leisure of our sun-kissed St. Pete Beach Gulf Front resort, where guests kick back in surfer chic guest rooms, savor fresh Floribbean cuisine and sip cool tropical cocktails and local brews at the oldest bar on the beach.
Whoever said all hotel rooms should be the same had no idea what they were missing! We invite our guests to feast their eyes on our 196 uniquely designed rooms created to make every beach getaway even more epic by adding the perfect backdrop to any vacation.