Posted October 9, 2019
Forbes Magazines has rated the Hilton as the number one best place to work! Are you looking to join a great team, and the best company in Hospitality?
At TPG Hotels & Resorts we are driven to deliver superior brand quality, value and service to our guests and owners.
You'll want to work here
People are our greatest assets. TPG Hotels & Resorts is proud of its ability to recruit, train and retain the best hospitality personnel in the business. Nationwide, TPG-managed properties are recognized as great places to work and build a career.
The Hilton Providence operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Operating Engineer performs interior and external preventative maintenance along with mechanical, electrical and plumbing repairs in compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Responds to engineering service calls.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
What you will be doing
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Perform interior and exterior preventive maintenance and repairs such as mechanical, electrical, and plumbing. Respond promptly to elevator breakdowns. Maintain accurate maintenance records.
- Respond to and resolve engineering service requests in a courteous, efficient, safe manner.
- Appropriate and proper use of engineering supplies and tools.
- Maintain all engineering and work areas in orderly and clean condition.
- Prompt reporting to engineering management all emergencies, injuries, missing articles, damage, mechanical problems and safety hazards.
- Document all parts used and parts needed to be purchased.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
(The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.)
- High school diploma and training in building maintenance.
- Two or more years of experience in building maintenance or related experience.
- Experience in the hospitality industry preferred.
- Applicable licenses and certifications as required within the jurisdiction.
274 Room Hotel
Apply to be a member of our TPG Hotels & Resorts family,
a Top 10 Hotel Management Team and "hospitality employer of choice!"
At A Glance
Located in the heart of downtown Providence, Rhode Island, this stylish hotel is within walking distance of Historic Federal Hill, Providence Place Mall and Rhode Island Convention Center. Discover attractions with ease from this comfortable and sophisticated Rhode Island hotel. Travelers will discover fantastic shopping and entertainment at Providence Place Mall or they may enjoy a day out at Roger Williams Park Zoo, one of the oldest zoos in the US.
- Central location in Downtown Providence
- Adjacent to Dunkin’ Donuts Center and the Rhode Island Convention Center
- Less than a mile from Providence Place Mall
- Indoor heated pool and 24-hour fitness center
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner or al fresco dining; on-site Starbucks®
- 8,500 sq. ft. of flexible meeting space