Posted October 9, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Line Cook is responsible for cost effective preparation of quality food in safe and efficient compliance with proper food preparation and handling, policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Consistent safe and sanitary food storage, preparation and cooking. Monitor and control maintenance/sanitation of the kitchen and equipment. Adherence to all safety protocols including handling and transportation of foods and knife work.
- Recognize and follow quality standards for meats, vegetables, fruits, dairy products and grains, including proper storage of these items. Effective utilization of leftovers and control of waste.
- Understand and ability to properly use seasonings for a range of culturally diverse foods. Knowledge of common food allergens and their substitutes.
- Cook using a repertoire of cooking methods including poaching, braising, roasting, charbroiling, sautéing, grilling, frying, and baking.
- Produce from scratch menu quality food in appropriate portion size, cut and quantity. Ensures all food is prepared and presented in accordance with appropriate recipes, presentations and with guest orders. Acknowledge any special requests and prepare the menu item accordingly.
- Safe use of supplies and equipment.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests, vendors and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
QUALIFICATIONS The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
High school education plus schooling in culinary arts or related major. One or more years of related experience. Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service. Ability to understand and comply with proper food preparation, cooking, handling and storage. Ability to understand and comply with kitchen sanitation, safety and equipment usage. Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters. Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures. Ability to operate a phone and other office equipment. Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
Physical work is a primary part of job. Work is normally performed in an interior hotel environment with equipment and machines. The work involves exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals, dirt, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. The exposure to hazards or physical risks requires following basic safety precautions and use of applicable protective equipment. Physical requirements include extended standing and walking, climbing, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling and lifting up to 50 lbs. While performing job duties, the associate is required to speak, listen and write. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses.
Pullman Miami Airport Hotel
281 Room Hotel
Apply to be a member of our TPG Hotels & Resorts family,
a Top 10 Hotel Management Team and "hospitality employer of choice!"
Welcome to Pullman Miami Airport Hotel, a tropical paradise elegantly decorated and overlooking a peaceful blue lagoon. For the modern-day traveler, Pullman Miami Airport is conveniently located minutes away from Miami International Airport (complimentary shuttle), the port of Miami in Downtown, South Beach and world class shopping at Dolphin Mall. Whether traveling for business, pleasure, or before a cruise, this contemporary Miami hotel will exceed the needs of guests seeking a luxurious experience.
Our 281 Miami rooms and suites feature tranquil views of the Blue Lagoon or sparkling vistas of the Miami skylines.The Pullman Miami Airport rooms are awash in soothing neutral hues with pops of lavender and stylishly appointed to highlight the best of the Pullman experience with modern furnishings.
- Number of meeting rooms: 13
- Maximum size: 575 m²
- Maximum capacity: 600
- Maximum banquet capacity: 380