Posted November 13, 2019
We are looking for a brilliant host ready to increase our catering sales!
Catering Sales Manager
The ideal candidate will be passionate about social event planning and committed to educating themselves on current food & beverage trends. The Marriott Ft. Lauderdale North is dedicated to maintaining the highest reputation within our industry and the Catering Sales Manager must be able to sell and keep that promise for the property with genuine care.
This position reports to the Director of Sales & Marketing and is held accountable for quarterly sales goals for the property.
What you will be doing
- Meet with clients to capture catering order specifics like menu dishes, date and time, address as well as logistical requirements like tables and chairs.
- Conduct site inspections for prospecting clients.
- Draft and submit the sales contract to client for review, approval and payment.
- Report progress of catering sales to the Director of Sales and Marketing as applicable.
- Ensure operational compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving.
- Coordinate with Food and Beverage Department such as the food preparation and banquet room set-ups to ensure they can meet scheduled catering service.
- Investigate and resolve challenges regarding food quality or service.
- Be responsible for soliciting new catering accounts, entertaining and maintaining relationships with existing accounts.
- Represent the hotel by conducting site visits, negotiating and making proposals, detailing events, and ensuring that each client is executed successfully.
- Achieve catering services by contributing information; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, quality, and customer service standards; identifying and resolving problems, completing post function production reports.
- Candidates may be called upon to work extended workweeks, including weekends, to accommodate a client's needs as well as any functions they are overseeing.
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience with social catering events including weddings, mitzvah market, etc.
- Brand experience is highly preferred.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and people management skills.
- High computer literacy to use PC and other property management systems.
- Must have high organization, supervisory and managerial skills.
- Ability to portray a professional image, sharp and positive at all times.
- Must possess exceptional customer service and a high sense of urgency.
- Candidate should be extremely detail oriented, organized and be able to handle a fast paced environment.
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
315 Room Hotel
Apply to be a member of our TPG Hotels & Resorts family,
a Top 10 Hotel Management Team and 'hospitality employer of choice!'
Our modern hotel provides the ideal setting for relaxation and places visitors near top area destinations including Fort Lauderdale Beach, Pompano Beach, Holy Cross Hospital and Isle Casino® Racing Pompano Park. After a day of adventure, guests can retreat to our modern accommodations with luxury bedding, free Wi-Fi and flat-panel TVs. When hunger strikes, guests can enjoy a meal in private with our 24-hour room service, or head to Blue Fire Grille to sample delicious American cuisine with a Caribbean flair. In the evening, we invite our guests to unwind at Blue Fire Bar and Lounge while watching a game and enjoying a draft beer or cocktail. For those hosting a business or social event during their visit, we offer 19 versatile meeting venues with custom catering options and planning services. The Fort Lauderdale Marriott North will exceed all expectations.
6650 North Andrews Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Telephone (954) 771-0440
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
Current Job Openings
- Banquet Server
- Catering Sales Manager
- Convention Services Manager
- Guest Response Operator/At Your Service
- Guest Services Agent
- Housekeeping Manager
- Housekeeping/Banquets Houseperson
- Lead Technician
- Maintenance/Engineering Supervisor
- Night Auditor
- PM (Evening) Food & Beverage Server
- PM (Evening) Line Cook
- PM (Evening) Lounge Bartender
- PM (Evening) Room Attendant/Housekeeper
- Restaurant Flex Position
- Starbucks Barista (AM)