Posted September 11, 2019
The Banquet Captain leads and trains the banquet staff, sets up, serves, and breaks down banquets in safe and efficient compliance.
Are you seeking a position that is fulfilling and challenging? At Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas you will always be kept on your toes!
Our company offers a competitive salary, benefits, and fun working environment!
We are searching for an individual who is reliable, energetic, organized, has a strong work ethnic, and will go above and beyond to exceed customer expectations.
If you are an propelled go-getter don't hesitate this is the opportunity for you.
- Paid Vacation
- Personal/Sick Days
- Company Hotel Travel Discounts
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Discounted Bus Passes for Unlimited Usage
- Matching 401-k
What you will be doing
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- In conjunction with management, assign banquet stations and pre and post-function sidework duties.
- Check room set-up before function start time to ensure Banquet Event Order (BEO) directions are properly followed including table drapes, silverware setting, napkins and centerpieces. Ensure cleanliness of linen, silverware, glassware and public areas. Ensure banquet staff is ready to begin on time and according to plan.
- Maintain contact with kitchen staff to ensure effective communication between food production and food service.
- Greet guest contact prior to the event. Explain how to make contact if needed during the function.
- Lead servers and guide guest service throughout function. Ensure staff uses proper in-room clearing, aisle tray break-down and stations remain neat and clean.
- Ensure check and payment policies and procedures are followed. Total the check (double check for accuracy) and obtain signature from guest contact.
- Know the function menu and explain major ingredients and preparation methods for each item to be served. Perform duties of banquet server as needed.
- Ensure banquet function break down, clean up and return of equipment and supplies to proper areas. Ensure completion of assigned sidework and related cleaning duties.
Conduct server training, either one-to-one or by group, as needed.
On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
Attend department meetings as scheduled.
Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
- High school education plus two or more years of banquet experience.
- Alcohol awareness certification
- Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
Physical work is a primary part of job. Work is normally performed in an interior hotel environment with equipment and machines. The work involves exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals, dirt, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. The exposure to hazards or physical risks requires following basic safety precautions and use of applicable protective equipment. Physical requirements include extended standing and walking, climbing, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling and lifting up to 50 lbs. While performing job duties, the associate is required to speak, listen and write. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses. This position may be required to operate a motor vehicle.
Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas
235 Room Resort
Apply to be a member of our TPG Hotels & Resorts family,
a Top 10 Hotel Management Team and "hospitality employer of choice!"
At A Glance
Travelers will experience breathtaking Camelback Mountain views from our AAA Four Diamond Scottsdale resort. Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas offers two-bedroom villas that sleep up to eight with a full kitchen and dining area. We are ready to host events in the 25,000 sq. ft. of indoor and outdoor space for up to 800 people. Our resort features a range of meeting spaces, from a large conference in one of our two ballrooms to a wedding reception in our climate-controlled outdoor pavilion (seasonal). An idyllic Phoenix wedding venue, the poolside Oasis Bar is the perfect spot to socialize before and after the ceremony.
- Resort atmosphere with breathtaking views of Camelback Mountain
- 1,600 sq. ft. two-bedroom villas with private patio and full kitchen
- Three restaurants: BlueFire Grille, Fleming’s Steakhouse and Oasis Bar
- Wellness center with spa, cardio equipment and outdoor heated pool
- 25,000 sq. ft. of versatile indoor and outdoor space for up to 800
6333 North Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85250
Telephone (480) 948-7750