Posted September 11, 2019
If your smile has the ability to brighten someone's day, we're looking for you!
The Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for daily supervision of the Housekeeping staff, quality service, guest satisfaction and safety. Supervises cleaning and assists in administration of Housekeeping services in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
- The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
What you will be doing
- Supervise the Housekeeping staff. Ensure new associates are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to achieve job expectations. Evaluate the staff’s job performance and coach and counsel as necessary. Clearly communicate to associates the standards of performance and their role in contributing to individual and team success. Ensure all required training occurs including orientation, safety, fire, alcohol awareness, food handling and blood-borne pathogen. Ensure staff compliance with internal controls, policies, procedures, standards and regulations. Insist on a work environment that is free from harassment.
- Perform and supervise the cleaning and inspection of the guest rooms, public areas and back of the house. Ensure compliance with proper cleaning techniques, procedures, brand standards and regulations. Ensure proper use of cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Issue staff cleaning assignments including special requests, areas of concentration and deep cleaning.
- Ensure maintenance problems are promptly reported to Engineering through proper channels.
- Order supplies and maintain accurate inventory as assigned.
- Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Log items into the Lost and Found and respond to inquires regarding lost items.
- On time and at work when scheduled and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager/supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other duties / tasks as requested by management.
Education and Experience:
- High school education plus schooling in hotel/restaurant management or related major. Two or more years of related experience. Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively and efficiently supervise staff, daily operations and resolve operational problems in compliance with policies and procedures. Ability to appropriately interview, hire, schedule, motivate, train, monitor and address staff performance. Knowledge of housekeeping principles and practices along with proper use of cleaning equipment and supplies. Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify, investigate and resolve matters. Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures. Ability to operate a computer, phone and other office equipment. Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
- Display consistent professional leadership with effective listening and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while simultaneously handling competing and changing priorities. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
- Paid vacation
- Personal/Sick Days
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Free Parking
- Matching 401-K
- Company Hotel Travel Discounts
This is a great opportunity to work for a growing hotel company. We provide an excellent benefits package.
The Postcard Inn on the Beach is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Postcard Inn St. Pete Beach
196 Room Hotel
Apply to be a member of our TPG Hotels & Resorts family,
a Top 10 Hotel Management Team and "hospitality employer of choice!"
Catering to guests who are happiest in bathing suits and bare feet, Postcard Inn On The Beach recalls the bygone days when road trips ruled and surfers were the undisputed stars. “Hip, affordable and resolutely casual” says Travel + Leisure of our sun-kissed St. Pete Beach Gulf Front resort, where guests kick back in surfer chic guest rooms, savor fresh Floribbean cuisine and sip cool tropical cocktails and local brews at the oldest bar on the beach.
Whoever said all hotel rooms should be the same had no idea what they were missing! We invite our guests to feast their eyes on our 196 uniquely designed rooms created to make every beach getaway even more epic by adding the perfect backdrop to any vacation.