Posted August 13, 2019
Postcard Inn on the Beach is currently seeking an Outlet Supervisor
The Outlet Supervisor is responsible for the daily supervision of the outlet staff, guest service and liquor law compliance. Supervises selling and serving guests in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures and federal, state and local regulations. Supervises guest checks and payment collection in compliance with cash handling, credit card transactions, room charge processing and accounting policies and procedures. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
- The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
What you will be doing
- Supervise the outlet staff. Ensure new associates are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to achieve job expectations. Evaluate the staff’s job performance and coach and counsel as necessary. Clearly communicate to associates the standards of performance and their role in contributing to individual and team success. Ensure all required training occurs including orientation, safety, fire, food and beverage handling and blood-borne pathogen. Ensure staff compliance with internal controls, policies, procedures, standards and regulations. Insist on a work environment that is free from harassment.
- Perform and supervise the staff’s compliance with consistent safe and sanitary food and beverage handling and serving. Monitor and control maintenance/sanitation of the restaurant/bar and equipment. Supervise adherence to all safety protocols.
- Perform and supervise preparation of guest checks and collection of payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card transactions, room charge processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Order supplies and maintain accurate inventory as assigned.
- Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Train restaurant employees to maximize productivity and minimize waste.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform if applicable.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report all incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other duties / tasks as requested by management.
Education and Experience:
- High school education plus schooling in hotel/restaurant management or related major. Two or more years of related experience. Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively and efficiently supervise staff, daily operations and resolve operational problems in compliance with policies and procedures. Ability to appropriately interview, hire, schedule, motivate, train, monitor and address staff performance. Knowledge of and ability to follow proper food and beverage sales and service. Ability to understand and comply with federal, state and local serving guidelines. Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify, investigate and resolve matters. Attention to details, good organizational skills and efficient time management. Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures. Ability to operate a computer, phone and other office equipment.
- Display consistent professional leadership with effective listening and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while simultaneously handling competing and changing priorities. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
This is a great opportunity to work for a growing hotel company. We provide an excellent benefits package.
The Postcard Inn on the Beach is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Postcard Inn St. Pete Beach
196 Room Hotel
Apply to be a member of our TPG Hotels & Resorts family,
a Top 10 Hotel Management Team and "hospitality employer of choice!"
Catering to guests who are happiest in bathing suits and bare feet, Postcard Inn On The Beach recalls the bygone days when road trips ruled and surfers were the undisputed stars. “Hip, affordable and resolutely casual” says Travel + Leisure of our sun-kissed St. Pete Beach Gulf Front resort, where guests kick back in surfer chic guest rooms, savor fresh Floribbean cuisine and sip cool tropical cocktails and local brews at the oldest bar on the beach.
Whoever said all hotel rooms should be the same had no idea what they were missing! We invite our guests to feast their eyes on our 196 uniquely designed rooms created to make every beach getaway even more epic by adding the perfect backdrop to any vacation.
6300 Gulf Boulevard
St. Pete Beach, FL 33706
Telephone (727) 367-2711