Posted August 13, 2019
“This is a great opportunity to work for a growing hotel company. We provide an excellent benefits package. The Postcard Inn on the Beach is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Vet/Disabled.”
The Operations Manager assists the General Manager in overseeing and directing all aspects of hotel operations including guest service, engineering, rooms, food & beverage, accounting and human resources. In some circumstances, the Operations Manager may also be assigned responsibility for a specific hotel department. The Operations Manager directs operations in alignment with the direction of the General Manager, Company, brand standards and local, state and national regulations. Responsible for quality service, meeting/exceeding financial goals, short and long term planning and day-to-day operations. Recommends the budget, business plan, capital expenditures and directs within approved plans and objectives.
- Guest Satisfaction – Direct and ensure standards and procedures are followed. Direct staff schedules to ensure adequate coverage while managing the budget. Ensure timely response to guest needs. Resolve guest complaints as appropriate to maintain guest satisfaction. Regularly review service scores to identify areas needing improvement and implement appropriate changes. Ensure the staff regularly adheres to all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Be knowledgeable on hotel facilities, services and the city to assist guests as appropriate.
- Human Resources – In conjunction with the Human Resources department, direct recruiting, hiring, training, development and retention of a motivated and efficient staff. Clearly communicate to associates the standards of performance and their role in contributing to individual and team success. Ensure all required training occurs including orientation, safety, fire, and blood-borne pathogen. Coach, counsel, resolve conflicts, discipline and terminate as appropriate through fair treatment and in compliance with Company policies and procedures. Conduct associate performance and salary reviews in a timely manner and in accordance with Company guidelines. Ensure all policies and procedures are followed. Insist on a work environment that is free from harassment. Promote the hotel as an employer of choice in the community.
- Profitability – Develop, recommend, implement and manage the annual budget, business plan, and objectives to meet/exceed expectations. Ensure costs are within budgeted guidelines. Review vendors and products to ensure procurement of top quality products at minimum prices. If necessary, develop action steps to correct any expense problems. Develop and direct improvements to capture more guests and a larger share of the local market. Investigate new and improved equipment, techniques and service methods. Submit recommendations for changes and improvements to the General Manager.
- Life Safety/Risk Management – Assist the General Manager with hotel life safety. Direct and promote an accident prevention program to minimize liabilities and related expenses. Ensure appropriate sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures are in place, followed and comply with policies, standards and regulations. Ensure the staff is proficient in sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Notify the General Manager of any potential liability and propose proper course of action to prevent the hotel from incurring any such liability. Make recommendations to the General Manager on additional safeguards as appropriate. Practice safe work habits.
- Asset Management - Walk the property daily to identify issues and to speak with and listen to associates. Ensure preventative maintenance programs are in place to protect assets and maintenance related problems are reported to Engineering through proper channels. Ensure efficient and effective cleanliness programs are in place to protect assets and cleanliness related problems are promptly and properly addressed. Inspect and evaluate the condition of the Services areas, equipment and inventories. Investigate, analyze and report on all incidents and accidents. Submit recommendations for changes and improvements to the General Manager. Work collaboratively with the Corporate Office to ensure Company assets are accurately tracked. Ensure associates are properly trained in the use and maintenance of Company assets.
- Leadership – Keep abreast of brand standards and the competition's products and strengths to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality. Use business/management knowledge, applications in the industry, and experiences to provide leadership, both internally and externally, to assist the General Manager in positioning the hotel as a market leader. Be a coach with a positive attitude on a daily basis. Implement, manage and comply with Company policies, practices and programs. Ensure compliance with brand standards and local, state and national regulations. Ensure optimal levels of quality service and hospitality are provided to guests. Regular and timely attendance with high standards of personal behavior, appearance and grooming including wearing the proper nametag when working.
- Communication – Ensure all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Maintain a consistent professional and positive attitude when communicating with guests and associates. Maintain effective two-way communications that crosses departmental lines. Approach all encounters and actions with guests and associates in a friendly, service oriented manner. Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with the staff to provide organizational information and educate associates on changes and activities. Communicate activities and plans with peers and superiors to obtain appropriate consultation, guidance and approval.
- Administration – Manage the compilation and analyze various corporate reports and property reports to provide management with accurate information and to comply with corporate policies and procedures as well as government laws and regulations. Complete all required and requested reporting in a timely and accurate manner. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested. As requested, assist the General Manager with the preparation of the annual hotel budget and forecasts.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- HOTEL DISCOUNTS
- and more!!
This is a great opportunity to work for a growing hotel company. We provide an excellent benefits package.
The Postcard Inn on the Beach is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Postcard Inn St. Pete Beach
196 Room Hotel
Apply to be a member of our TPG Hotels & Resorts family,
a Top 10 Hotel Management Team and "hospitality employer of choice!"
Catering to guests who are happiest in bathing suits and bare feet, Postcard Inn On The Beach recalls the bygone days when road trips ruled and surfers were the undisputed stars. “Hip, affordable and resolutely casual” says Travel + Leisure of our sun-kissed St. Pete Beach Gulf Front resort, where guests kick back in surfer chic guest rooms, savor fresh Floribbean cuisine and sip cool tropical cocktails and local brews at the oldest bar on the beach.
Whoever said all hotel rooms should be the same had no idea what they were missing! We invite our guests to feast their eyes on our 196 uniquely designed rooms created to make every beach getaway even more epic by adding the perfect backdrop to any vacation.
6300 Gulf Boulevard
St. Pete Beach, FL 33706
Telephone (727) 367-2711