Posted July 12, 2019
Doubletree Warren Place is seeking an excited individual to bring new corporate clients to the hotel! This person must be motivated and aggressive, and strive to maintain high quality relationships with our existing clients.
Sales Manager - Corporate/Business Transient
This particular position is focusing on the Corporation segment with an emphasis on transient stays (individuals traveling at various times), but can assist with other segments as needed or based on demand. It is primarily responsible on driving new business to the property, pulling accounts from competitors, and maintaining relationships with existing corporate clients.
The Sales Manager is responsible for representing the company to customers, the public, government and other external sources. Responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in assigned market. Listen to customer needs, analyze this information and create tailored proposals. Negotiate and close sales while meeting/exceeding sales targets. Impress customers with tailored proposals, quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner. Work with management throughout the hotel and the Company.
Comply with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services. Ensures all communication with company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations.
- Research, Identification & Sales Development - Research and understand demand generators, new business sources, the internet as a prospecting tool, community involvement and networking. Research competing hotels and identify sales strategies. Understand and use industry reports like Star Reports, etc. Develop effective sales strategies to counter the competition. Develop valuable business relationships that result in additional sales and new customers. Research each customer's business, hospitality needs, identify who to talk to and how to get sales closed. Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts. Research and identify new business opportunities for the hotel including reaching out to event planners and staying abreast of local events. Represent the Company at trade association meetings to promote hotel.
- Proactive and Creative Sales - Exercise creativity, discretion and independent judgment in determining how to assemble an event to suit each customer's taste. Give full attention to what customers are saying, taking time to understand the points being made and asking questions as appropriate. Conduct site visits and prepare original, creative proposals tailored to address the needs of and to impress the customer. Develop solutions to any cost concerns and resolve any challenges or problems. Aggressively pursue all appropriate opportunities for customer solicitation and relationship building. Aggressively engage in creative networking, uncovering and cold calling prospective clients to generate activity for future business.
- Negotiate and Close Sales - Influence and convince customers to select the hotel for their hospitality needs. Negotiate terms and reconcile differences. Develop contingency plans and act promptly and effectively when closing problems arise. Recognize customers for loyalty and/or accept feedback. Identify and secure business to fit the yield strategy. Sell to fill need dates. Sell and upsell hotel services to meet/exceed sales and financial objectives. Capture all profitable business. Attain/exceed sales goals and profitability. Communicate sales activities with peers and superiors.
- Account Management - Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with customers and others in the course of their event planning. After securing business, deliver a high level of customer service with key decision makers, solve customer problems, meet commitments, seek customer input and anticipate customer needs. As appropriate, meet the customer at the event, ensure proper event set-up and customer satisfaction. Take initiative to solve any problems by liaison with other hotel managers.
- Administration - Responsible for compilation of required sales reports and reporting process. Maintain accuarte and up-to-date records of all sales and transactions. Complete all required and requested reporting in a timely and accurate manner. Provide management with accurate information and comply with corporate policies and procedures as well as government laws and regulations. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
Education and Experience
A four-year college degree in hospitality management, marketing, business or related degree OR equivalent experience. Three or more years of sales related experience. Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred. Ability to travel locally.
Skills and Abilities
Possess knowledge of hospitality, business and basic accounting principles and practices. Effective listening, verbal, written, negotiation and closing skills. Ability to assess customer needs, understand market dynamics and prepare presentations/proposals tailored for individual customers. Ability to meet/exceed expectations for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes. Ability to achieve customer satisfaction.
Strong professionalism, diplomacy, selling skills and work habits. Ability to remain positive, resourceful and improvise while working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure. Organizational skills that result in accurate, timely and thorough work. Ability to compile facts and figures, analyze information and arrive at logical conclusions and sound business decisions.
Knowledge of and ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment. Must satisfy and comply with the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place
370 Room Hotel
Apply to be a member of our TPG Hotels & Resorts family,
a Top 10 Hotel Management Team and "hospitality employer of choice!"
At A Glance
Welcome to the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa – Warren Place. Renovated in April 2017, this refreshing hotel is located in the Warren Place office complex.
Our South Tulsa hotel offers easy access to downtown, St. Francis Hospital, St. John Medical Center and Tulsa Expo Square. We are also close to KingsPointe Village shops, the University of Tulsa, Oral Roberts University (ORU), Woodland Hills Mall and LaFortune Park.
This Tulsa, Oklahoma hotel offers spacious guest rooms featuring WiFi access and flat-screen TVs. For business travelers, the hotel provides several suite options, some with boardroom tables for conference meetings. Our guests can unwind in our fitness center or large indoor pool, sauna and whirlpool. The scenic walking path behind the hotel is great for a stroll.
With more than 20,000 sq. ft. of flexible space, this hotel in South Tulsa hosts meetings and events for up to 800 guests. The space features the Tulsa Learning Theatre, a tiered lecture center.
6110 South Yale Avenue
Tulsa, OK 74136
Telephone (918) 495-1000
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place
Current Job Openings
- Banquet Server
- Food & Beverage Server
- Front Desk Agent
- Guestroom Housekeeper
- Housekeeping Runner (Houseperson)
- Housekeeping Supervisor/Inspector
- Housekeeping/Public Area Lobby Attendant
- Laundry Attendant
- Maintenance Engineer (First Class Stationary License)
- Maintenance Technician
- Restaurant Line Cook (PM)
- Sales Manager - Corporate/Business Transient
- Shuttle Van Driver