Posted July 12, 2019
If you are guest service oriented and enthusiastic, come join our TEAM!
Food & Beverage Supervisor
|POSITION SUMMARY The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week. |
The Food & Beverage Supervisor is responsible for daily supervision of restaurant staff, room service, banquets and guest service and liquor law compliance. Supervises selling and serving guests in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Supervises guest checks and payment collection in compliance with cash handling, credit card transactions, room charge processing and accounting policies and procedures. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management. Assist Food & Beverage Manager with training and with coach and counseling.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
|ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.|
· Supervise the restaurant, room service and banquet staff. Ensure new associates are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to achieve job expectations. Evaluate the staff’s job performance and coach and counsel as necessary. Clearly communicate to associates the standards of performance and their role in contributing to individual and team success. Ensure all required training occurs including orientation, safety, fire, food and beverage handling and blood-borne pathogen. Ensure staff compliance with internal controls, policies, procedures, standards and regulations. Insist on a work environment that is free from harassment.
· Perform and supervise the staff’s compliance with consistent safe and sanitary food and beverage handling and serving. Monitor and control maintenance/sanitation of the restaurant and equipment. Supervise adherence to all safety protocols.
· Perform and supervise preparation of guest checks and collection of payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card transactions, room charge processing and accounting policies and procedures.
· Ensure maintenance problems are promptly reported to Engineering through proper channels.
· Order supplies and maintain accurate inventory as assigned.
· Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction.
· Train restaurant employees to maximize productivity and minimize waste.
· On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform if applicable.
· Attend department meetings as scheduled.
· Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
· Report all incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
· Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
· Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
· Any other duties / tasks as requested by management.
|QUALIFICATIONS The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below. |
Education and Experience:
High school education plus schooling in hotel/restaurant management or related major. Four or more years of related experience. Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to effectively and efficiently supervise staff, daily operations and resolve operational problems in compliance with policies and procedures. Ability to appropriately interview, hire, schedule, motivate, train, monitor and address staff performance. Knowledge of and ability to follow proper food and beverage sales and service. Ability to understand and comply with federal, state and local serving guidelines. Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify, investigate and resolve matters. Attention to details, good organizational skills and efficient time management. Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures. Ability to operate a computer, phone and other office equipment.
Display consistent professional leadership with effective listening and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while simultaneously handling competing and changing priorities. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
Physical work is a primary part of job. Work is normally performed in an interior hotel environment with equipment and machines. The work involves exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals, dirt, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. The exposure to hazards or physical risks requires following basic safety precautions and use of applicable protective equipment. Physical requirements include extended standing and walking, climbing, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling and lifting up to 50 lbs. While performing job duties, the associate is required to speak, listen and write. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses. This position may be required to operate a motor vehicle.
Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria
247 Room All Suite
Apply to be a member of our TPG Hotels & Resorts family,
a Top 10 Hotel Management Team and 'hospitality employer of choice!'
Major Upgrade Planned
This hotel will be going through a major renovation and will include rooms, the restaurant and the meeting space.
Now is an exciting opportunity to lead this property through a renovation and beyond.
Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria is dedicated to making every visit both comfortable and convenient, with carefully considered amenities and exceptional service. Our all-suite hotel is located just a 10-minute walk from the trolley; we also offer a complimentary shuttle service to both the King Street Metro station and Reagan National Airport, minimizing the stress of travel.
Each of our suites features oversized workspaces, microwaves and refrigerators, high-speed internet and our Signature Sheraton Sleep Experience.
Fin and Hoof Bar and Grill showcases flavorful American dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner; additional perks include a fully equipped fitness center.
Planner can take advantage of our 3,000 square feet of venue space to host a meeting or event, or plan an al fresco gathering in our courtyard when the weather in Alexandria is mild.
During down time, guests can walk around Old Town, take the ferry to National Harbor, tour Mount Vernon or discover the world-famous landmarks of nearby Washington, D.C.
801 North Saint Asaph Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
Telephone (703) 836-4700