Posted July 12, 2019
Are you passionate about people and making a difference! Come join our FAMILY!
Guest Service Agent
The Guest Service Agent greets guests, processes check-ins and check-outs, issues room keys, answers questions, and resolves guest requests in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations.
Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate.
Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations.
What you will be doing
- Process guest check-ins and room assignments following the hotel’s rate structures, discounts and sell/upsell strategies. Accommodate special requests when possible.
- Process check-in/check-out and collect payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Answer inquiries about hotel services, in-house events, directions, local attractions, etc. Assist guests with check cashing, safety boxes, additional guest room keys, transportation, etc.
- If necessary, walk guests in a professional and courteous manner and in compliance with policies, procedures and brand stands.
- Pre-register, block reservations and, as appropriate, take same day and future reservations. Cancel room reservations according to policies and procedures.
- Ensure release of any Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations.
- On time and at work when scheduled and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other duties / tasks as requested by management.
- High school education or equivalent experience.
- Guest service, basic accounting, and familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
- Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service.
- Ability to correctly process check-ins and check-outs, answers questions, and resolves guest requests in compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations.
- Ability to processes guest bills and collects payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment.
- Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
- Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient.
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria
247 Room All Suite
Apply to be a member of our TPG Hotels & Resorts family,
a Top 10 Hotel Management Team and 'hospitality employer of choice!'
Major Upgrade Planned
This hotel will be going through a major renovation and will include rooms, the restaurant and the meeting space.
Now is an exciting opportunity to lead this property through a renovation and beyond.
Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria is dedicated to making every visit both comfortable and convenient, with carefully considered amenities and exceptional service. Our all-suite hotel is located just a 10-minute walk from the trolley; we also offer a complimentary shuttle service to both the King Street Metro station and Reagan National Airport, minimizing the stress of travel.
Each of our suites features oversized workspaces, microwaves and refrigerators, high-speed internet and our Signature Sheraton Sleep Experience.
Fin and Hoof Bar and Grill showcases flavorful American dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner; additional perks include a fully equipped fitness center.
Planner can take advantage of our 3,000 square feet of venue space to host a meeting or event, or plan an al fresco gathering in our courtyard when the weather in Alexandria is mild.
During down time, guests can walk around Old Town, take the ferry to National Harbor, tour Mount Vernon or discover the world-famous landmarks of nearby Washington, D.C.
801 North Saint Asaph Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
Telephone (703) 836-4700