Posted August 12, 2019
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Vacation, and Sick Time Off, In Addition we offer 401k, Bus Passes to Qualified Employees, Complementary Employee Lunch and Free Parking. Come be a part of a winning team!
POSITION SUMMARY The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Cook 2 is responsible for cost effective preparation of quality food in safe and efficient compliance with proper food preparation and handling, policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations.
Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Consistent safe and sanitary food storage, preparation and cooking. Monitor and control maintenance/sanitation of the kitchen and equipment. Adherence to all safety protocols including handling and transportation of foods and knife work.
- Recognize and follow quality standards for meats, vegetables, fruits, dairy products and grains, including proper storage of these items. Effective utilization of leftovers and control of waste.
- Understand and ability to properly use seasonings for a range of culturally diverse foods. Knowledge of common food allergens and their substitutes.
- Cook using a repertoire of cooking methods including poaching, braising, roasting, charbroiling, sautéing, grilling, frying, and baking.
- Produce from scratch menu quality food in appropriate portion size, cut and quantity. Ensures all food is prepared and presented in accordance with appropriate recipes, presentations and with guest orders. Acknowledge any special requests and prepare the menu item accordingly.
- Safe use of supplies and equipment.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests, vendors
QUALIFICATIONS The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
High school education plus schooling in culinary arts or related major. One or more years of related experience. Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles – Commerce
201 Room Hotel
Apply to be a member of our TPG Hotels & Resorts family,
a Top 10 Hotel Management Team and "hospitality employer of choice!"
At a Glance
Welcome to the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles – Commerce, located 10 minutes from downtown Los Angeles and conveniently situated between Disneyland® and Universal Studios®. Travelers will discover easy access to Citadel Outlets, Commerce Casino and the entertainment venues at LA Live.
Guests can relax in a stylish guest room or suite furnished with an HDTV, signature bedding, a large work desk and internet access. Then have a meal at Terra Nova Restaurant and Lounge, open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner or lounge in our courtyard.
- 10 minutes from downtown Los Angeles and convenient to major freeways
- Centrally located between Disneyland® and Universal Studios®
- Outdoor heated pool, whirlpool and 24-hour fitness center
- All-day dining at TerraNova Restaurant & Bar
- Nearly 6,000 sq. ft. of event space, including a ballroom
5757 Telegraph Road
Commerce, CA 90040
Telephone (323) 887-8100