Posted September 6, 2019
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Vacation, and Sick Time Off, In Addition we offer 401k, Bus Passes to Qualified Employees, Complementary Employee Lunch and Free Parking. Come be a part of a winning team!
Front Desk Agent
POSITION SUMMARY The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Front Desk Agent greets guests, processes check-ins and check-outs, issues room keys, answers questions, and resolves guest requests in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Processes guest bills and collects payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card processing and accounting policies and procedures. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
- Process guest check-ins and room assignments following the hotel’s rate structures, discounts and sell/upsell strategies. Accommodate special requests when possible.
- Process check-in/check-out and collect payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Answer inquiries about hotel services, in-house events, directions, local attractions, etc. Assist guests with check cashing, safety boxes, additional guest room keys, transportation, etc.
- If necessary, walk guests in a professional and courteous manner and in compliance with policies, procedures and brand stands.
- Pre-register, block reservations and, as appropriate, take same day and future reservations. Cancel room reservations according to policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
High school education or equivalent experience. Guest service, basic accounting, and familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service. Ability to correctly process check-ins and check-outs, answers questions, and resolves guest requests in compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Ability to processes guest bills and collects payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card processing and accounting policies and procedures. Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters. Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures. Ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment. Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
All applicants for any job opening should meet the required
Qualifications for each position. AA, EOE, M/F, D/V
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles – Commerce
201 Room Hotel
Apply to be a member of our TPG Hotels & Resorts family,
a Top 10 Hotel Management Team and "hospitality employer of choice!"
At a Glance
Welcome to the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles – Commerce, located 10 minutes from downtown Los Angeles and conveniently situated between Disneyland® and Universal Studios®. Travelers will discover easy access to Citadel Outlets, Commerce Casino and the entertainment venues at LA Live.
Guests can relax in a stylish guest room or suite furnished with an HDTV, signature bedding, a large work desk and internet access. Then have a meal at Terra Nova Restaurant and Lounge, open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner or lounge in our courtyard.
- 10 minutes from downtown Los Angeles and convenient to major freeways
- Centrally located between Disneyland® and Universal Studios®
- Outdoor heated pool, whirlpool and 24-hour fitness center
- All-day dining at TerraNova Restaurant & Bar
- Nearly 6,000 sq. ft. of event space, including a ballroom
5757 Telegraph Road
Commerce, CA 90040
Telephone (323) 887-8100