Posted January 19, 2020
Come join our amazing team at American Slang Restaurant! a "Modern Brasserie"
American Slang Restaurant Manager
Come join our new American Slang restaurant!
a "Modern Brasserie"
Who this Job Will Job Appeal To
The Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive salary, 401k & a great benefit package. Medical, Dental and Vision offered for associate and family, FSA, Short and Long term disability and supplemental life insurance.
- The Restaurant Manager is responsible for daily supervision of restaurant staff, guest service and liquor law compliance. Supervises selling and serving guests in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations.
- Supervises guest checks and payment collection in compliance with cash handling, credit card transactions, room charge processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Assists with scheduling, inventory, assisting in monthly department meetings and other duties as assigned.
- This position reports to the Food & Beverage Director.
- This position requires flexibility with your schedule for morning and night shifts.
- The Restaurant Manager also oversees the hotel seasonal pool and will be responsible in staffing the pool bar.
- Must have the ability to communicate in English.
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Flexible to work most morning or night shifts including weekends.
- Can communicate well with guests.
- Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Must have good knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings, service ware and menu items.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to transport large trays weighing up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout shift.
- Ability to operate beverage and toast equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
- Food handler's and liquor card required.
Perks to the job
- Great benefits for our Full Time Associates: Medical, Dental and Vision options. 401K, FSA, Short and Long term Disability, and Life Insurance.
- Don't feel like bringing a lunch, Great! You can enjoy our $2 a day meal plan for all associates that a payroll deduction.
- Free Parking on site.
- Tons of Employee Events so we can Celebrate YOU!! Holiday Parties, The Employee Gala and to Celebrate our Good Scores Lunches!
- Support your favorite team on Fridays by donating $5 bucks to The Salvation Army and enjoy wearing your favorite Royals or Chiefs shift with jeans!
- Paid Time Off for Full Time Associates and Vacation Pay once you hit your year Anniversary! Take A Vacation.
InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza
371 Room Hotel
Apply to be a member of our TPG Hotels & Resorts family,
a Top 10 Hotel Management Team and "hospitality employer of choice!"
InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza is an iconic 371-room hotel located on the corner of one of Kansas City’s most stylish and historic shopping (boutique and otherwise), dining and entertainment districts, the Country Club Plaza. The Plaza is fifteen blocks of Seville-inspired architecture and site of quiet courtyards, stunning sculptures and remarkable annual festivals.
Since its opening as the independent Alameda Plaza Hotel in 1972, the award-winning InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza has established itself as a modern landmark in what is known as the City of Fountains. And enjoyed the company of tens of thousands of happy guests.
What they like best are...
- Spectacular Country Club Plaza location
- Proximity to area attractions, shopping, dining and more
- Total hotel renovation, completed in June, 2017
- Friendly, personable hotel associates
- Warm, first-class service scores that exceed IHG brand average
- Guest room/suite private balconies
- Outstanding concierge floor experience/lounge
- 29,000 square feet of beautifully designed event spaces, including an awesome Rooftop Ballroom with the best views of the Country Club Plaza
- Brand new signature restaurant – American Slang Modern Brasserie
- On-site fitness center and outdoor pool, sundeck
InterContinental Kansas City is widely recognized and acknowledged for its distinctive excellence, old world charm and well-appointed, beautiful design. It is the ideal lodging destination for a romantic getaway, weekend escape, family vacation spot, dream wedding, productive business meeting or individual business travel.
401 Ward Parkway
Kansas City, MO 64112
Telephone (816) 756-1500
InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza
Current Job Openings
- Accounts Receivable Credit Manager
- American Slang Bartender
- American Slang Cocktail Server
- American Slang Restaurant Manager
- American Slang Sous Chef
- Banquet Houseperson
- Banquet Houseperson Supervisor
- Banquet Server
- Cook II Banquet Kitchen
- Director of Front Office
- Director of Sales & Marketing
- Franchise Food Runner/Bus Attendant
- Franchise Kitchen Cook 1 for American Slang
- Franchise Kitchen Cook 2 for American Slang Restaurant
- Front Desk Agent
- Front Desk Agent
- Front Desk Manager
- Groups Sales Manager
- Housekeeping Supervisor/Inspector
- Maintenance Engineer I
- Restaurant Host/Hostess
- Room Attendant
- Room Service Server/Runner
- Sales Manager - Executive Meeting Manager
- Valet Attendant