Posted January 18, 2020
Hyatt Regency Lexington seeks an experienced cook in our banquet and restaurant. Join an exciting and fast-paced company!
The Cook 1 (Lead Cook) leads and trains the cook staff. The Cook 1 is responsible for cost effective preparation of quality food in safe and efficient compliance with proper food preparation and handling, policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
- Lead and guide the cook staff in consistent safe and sanitary food storage, preparation and cooking. Monitor and control maintenance/sanitation of the kitchen and equipment. Adherence to all safety protocols including handling and transportation of foods and knife work.
- Recognize and follow quality standards for meats, vegetables, fruits, dairy products and grains, including proper storage of these items. Effective utilization of leftovers and control of waste.
- Understand and ability to properly use seasonings for a range of culturally diverse foods. Knowledge of common food allergens and their substitutes.
This position requires:
- At least 2 years of experience in high volume environment
- A Fayette County Food Handler Card or ServSafe upon hire
- Criminal Background Check
Hyatt Regency Lexington
366 Room Hotel
Apply to be a member of our TPG Hotels & Resorts family,
a Top 10 Hotel Management Team and "hospitality employer of choice!"
Only one mile away from the University of Kentucky and stops along the bourbon trail, the Hyatt Regency Lexington offers ease of access to numerous Lexington favorites. For our Wildcat fans, our hotel is connected to the ever-popular Rupp Arena which houses University of Kentucky basketball games, concerts, and more.
- Indoor heated swimming pool
- Outdoor sun deck
- Safe deposit boxes at front desk
- Valet parking
- Laundry and dry cleaning for a charge
- Room Service
401 West High Street
Lexington, KY 40507
Telephone (859) 253-1234
Hyatt Regency Lexington
Current Job Openings
- Assistant Banquet Manager
- Banquet Captain
- Banquet Chef
- Banquet Houseperson/Convention Services Setup
- Banquet Server
- Convention Services Manager
- Cook I
- Front Desk Agent (PM)
- Restaurant Server
- Room Attendant
- Room Service Server
- Supervisor - Bluefire Bar & Grill