Posted September 8, 2019
Front Desk Agent
The Front Desk Agent greets guests, processes check-ins and check-outs, issues room keys, answers questions, and resolves guest requests in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures and federal, state and local regulations.
What you will be doing
- Process guest check-ins and room assignments following the hotel’s rate structures, discounts and sell/upsell strategies. Accommodate special requests when possible.
- Process check-in/check-out and collect payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Answer inquiries about hotel services, in-house events, directions, local attractions, etc. Assist guests with check cashing, safety boxes, additional guest room keys, transportation, etc.
- If necessary, walk guests in a professional and courteous manner and in compliance with policies, procedures and brand standards.
- Pre-register, block reservations and, as appropriate, take same day and future reservations. Cancel room reservations according to policies and procedures.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
Education and Experience:
- High school education or related experience.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- HOTEL DISCOUNTS
Holiday Inn South Kingstown (Newport Area)
107 Room Hotel
Apply to be a member of our TPG Hotels & Resorts family,
a Top 10 Hotel Management Team and "hospitality employer of choice!"
Welcome to the newly renovated and always-accommodating Holiday Inn® South Kingstown (Newport Area) hotel. With ideal proximity to the University of Rhode Island and New England's finest beaches, this property is the perfect choice for travelers seeking quality and consistency in South Kingstown, RI.
Major area corporations, such as Schneider Electric, Modine Manufacturing and Carousel Industries are within easy access from the hotel. The University of Rhode Island, URI in Kingston is just three miles from the hotel. Whether coming for a show at the Ryan Center, a baseball game at BIll Beck field, a conference at URI, or a training course at the University, the Holiday Inn is the perfect choice!
In historic Newport, RI, are the spectacular Newport Mansions, world class dining and shopping options. The beautiful Narragansett beaches, fantastic museums, Nordic Lodge seafood buffet, antique shops and many dining options are all nearby. Minutes from the Holiday Inn, in Pt Judith you can hop a ferry to Block Island, which the Nature Conservancy calls one of the twelve "Last Great Places" in the Western hemisphere.