Posted March 14, 2019
Help Lead Our Amazing Front Office Staff
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Supervise the Front Desk staff. Ensure new associates are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to achieve job expectations. Evaluate the staff’s job performance and coach and counsel as necessary. Clearly communicate to associates the standards of performance and their role in contributing to individual and team success. Ensure all required training occurs including orientation, safety, fire, alcohol awareness, food handling and blood-borne pathogen. Ensure staff compliance with internal controls, policies, procedures, standards and regulations. Insist on a work environment that is free from harassment.
· Supervise and process guest check-ins and room assignments following the hotel’s rate structures, discounts and sell/upsell strategies. Accommodate special requests when possible.
· Supervise and process check-in/check-out and collect payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card processing and accounting policies and procedures.
· Answer inquiries about hotel services, in-house events, directions, local attractions, etc. Assist guests with check cashing, safety boxes, additional guest room keys, transportation, etc.
· If necessary, walk guests in a professional and courteous manner and in compliance with policies, procedures and brand stands.
· Supervise and process pre-register, block reservations and, as appropriate, same day and future reservations. Cancel room reservations according to policies and procedures.
· On time and at work when scheduled and in proper uniform.
· Attend department meetings as scheduled.
· Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
· Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
· Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
High school education plus schooling in hospitality management, business or related experience. Two or more years of related experience. Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to effectively and efficiently supervise staff, daily operations and resolve operational problems in compliance with policies and procedures. Ability to appropriately interview, hire, schedule, motivate, train, monitor and address staff performance. Knowledge of guest service and the ability to correctly process check-ins and check-outs, answers questions, and resolves guest requests in compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Ability to processes guest bills and collects payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card processing and accounting policies and procedures.
Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify, investigate and resolve matters. Attention to details, good organizational skills and efficient time management. Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures. Ability to operate a computer, phone and other office equipment.
Display consistent professional leadership with effective listening and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while simultaneously handling competing and changing priorities. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
Work is normally performed in an interior hotel environment. While performing job duties, the associate speaks, listens, completes documents, processes requests and operates office equipment such as a telephone, calculator, computer, copier and fax. Physical requirements include extended periods of standing and/or walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 pounds. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses. This position may be required to operate a motor vehicle.
394 Room Resort
Wyndham Lake Buena Vista’s 232 lakehouse-themed guest rooms feature amazing views of the surrounding theme parks and Disney Springs
With 25,000 square feet of premier event space accommodating groups from 12 to 1,200, Wyndham Lake Buena Vista makes planning easy! For planners of any type of Orlando-area meeting or event. From corporate conferences to association conventions. SMERF gatherings to product launches. Plus awards dinners, recognition lunches, civic breakfasts or class or family reunions. Even weddings!
To be sure, Wyndham Lake Buena Vista’s meetings, banquets and catered events are among the best of all official Walt Disney World® hotels.
Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort
1850 Hotel Plaza Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista,
TPG Hotels & Resorts