Posted July 8, 2019
Come join our Amazing Banquet Team!
Banquet Sous Chef
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
Assist the head Chef in planning, supervising and controlling selection and production of all food items, ensuring the highest level of product quality, presentation and sanitation. Responsible for menu planning, recipe creation, food ordering, food production, storage, sanitation, labor staffing and scheduling. Directs the hiring, training and supervision of all food production and stewarding employees.
What you will be doing
- Helps create recipes and banquet menus which reflect customer tastes, seasonal availability.
- Plans menus and establishes portions and pricing which adhere to marketing, cost control and profit goals.
- Ensure banquet event orders are reviewed closely to understand and provide all detailed items in accordance with guests' wishes.
- Evaluates changes in guest needs, the hotel's guest mix, and industry and competitive trends to recommend appropriate product/service and operational changes to be made to ensure guest and employee satisfaction, and to maintain market dominance and exceptional financial returns.
- Organizes/supervises, all aspects of the culinary operation to ensure safe, efficient and sanitary production of all food products.
- Establishes and ensures adherence to all product; quality, consistency, presentation, portioning, garnishment, and utilization goals.
- Manages all banquet kitchen activities to ensure minimum losses due to waste and breakage.
- Establishes and maintains adherence to all food inspection and receiving standards
- Directs the hiring and training of all culinary and stewarding personnel
- Establishes regular cleaning, inspection and maintenance schedules which maintain the excellent condition of all kitchen equipment
- Analyzes and responds to any food quality complaints, adapting menus or providing additional training as necessary
- Monitors maintenance of par stocks for all kitchen and service equipment, china, glassware and utensils
- Report equipment malfunctions or defects to Engineering department or contracted service provider
- Conducts regular safety, sanitation and general production inspection of all kitchen and storage areas to ensure safe and efficient production and storage in accordance with all hotel standards and health regulations
- Develops and coordinates food and beverage merchandising plans with the assistance and cooperation of Food and Beverage Director
- Reviews/maintains daily payroll reports to ensure labor cost conforms to forecasted budgetary guidelines and production requirements
- Five + years experience as a Sous Chef in a upscale hotel or resort
- Experience in multi-outlet food production management
- Excellent culinary knowledge and skills with exceptional creative abilities
- Outstanding management, organization, communication and leadership skills
- Extensive menu development and budget preparation experience
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza
371 Room Hotel
Apply to be a member of our TPG Hotels & Resorts family,
a Top 10 Hotel Management Team and "hospitality employer of choice!"
InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza (proud recipient of the 2017 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence) is an iconic 371-room hotel located on the corner of one of Kansas City’s most stylish and historic shopping (boutique and otherwise), dining and entertainment districts, the Country Club Plaza. The Plaza is fifteen blocks of Seville-inspired architecture and site of quiet courtyards, stunning sculptures and remarkable annual festivals.
Since its opening as the independent Alameda Plaza Hotel in 1972, the award-winning InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza has established itself as a modern landmark in what is known as the City of Fountains. And enjoyed the company of tens of thousands of happy guests.
What they like best are...
- Spectacular Country Club Plaza location
- Proximity to area attractions, shopping, dining and more
- Total hotel renovation, completed in June, 2017
- Friendly, personable hotel associates
- Warm, first-class service scores that exceed IHG brand average
- Guest room/suite private balconies
- Outstanding concierge floor experience/lounge
- 29,000 square feet of beautifully designed event spaces, including an awesome Rooftop Ballroom with the best views of the Country Club Plaza
- Brand new signature restaurant – American Slang Modern Brasserie
- On-site fitness center and outdoor pool, sundeck
InterContinental Kansas City is widely recognized and acknowledged for its distinctive excellence, old world charm and well-appointed, beautiful design. It is the ideal lodging destination for a romantic getaway, weekend escape, family vacation spot, dream wedding, productive business meeting or individual business travel.
401 Ward Parkway
Kansas City, MO 64112
Telephone (816) 756-1500
InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza
Current Job Openings
- American Slang Restaurant Manager
- Banquet Houseman
- Banquet Houseperson Supervisor
- Banquet Server
- Banquet Server
- Banquet Sous Chef
- Cook II Banquet Kitchen
- Director of Front Office
- Franchise Food Runner/Bus Attendant for American Slang Restaurant
- Franchise Kitchen Cook 1 for American Slang
- Franchise Kitchen Cook 2 for American Slang Restaurant
- Front Desk Agent
- Housekeeping Supervisor/Inspector
- Maintenance Engineer I
- Overnight Bell Person
- Pool Bus Attendant/Food Runner
- Poolside Bartender
- Restaurant Host/Hostess
- Restaurant Server
- Room Attendant
- Room Service Cashier TSA
- Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - Executive Meeting Manager
- Sous Chef - American Slang Restaurant
- Starbucks Barista/Server