Posted October 8, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Van Driver greets, assists with luggage, transports guests and runs hotel errands in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. In some circumstances, the Van Driver may also be assigned bellperson duties or other responsibilities. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Drive guests between airport and hotel and the local area. Obey all traffic rules and speed limits for safe, accident-free trips.
· Open and close vehicle doors for guests.
· Assist guests with storing and retrieving their luggage from vehicle.
· Run hotel errands as instructed by management.
· Clean and inspect hotel vehicles. Maintain vehicle cleanliness, pump gas and obtain oil changes.
· Complete vehicle and mileage reports.
· Assist bell staff and/or doorperson as needed.
· Prompt reporting of all emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, mechanical problems and safety hazards to transportation management.
· On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
· Report all tips in compliance with company policy and IRS regulations.
· Attend department meetings as scheduled.
· Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
· Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
· Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
· Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
· Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
QUALIFICATIONS The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
High school education or related experience. A valid driver’s license and proven ability to safely drive. Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of hotel and the city. Ability to understand and obey all traffic rules, speed limits and federal, state and local driving regulations. Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters. Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures. Ability to operate motor vehicles, a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment. Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
Physical work is a primary part of job and it is performed outside and operating a motor vehicle. The work involves exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals, dirt, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. The exposure to hazards or physical risks that requires following basic safety precautions and use of applicable protective equipment. The physical requirements include extended walking, standing, climbing, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling and lifting up to 100 pounds. While performing job duties, the associate is required to listen, speak and write. The job requires close and distance vision with or without corrective lenses. This position is required to operate a motor vehicle.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Green Tree
465 Room Hotel
Apply to be a member of our TPG Hotels & Resorts family,
a Top 10 Hotel Management Team and "hospitality employer of choice!"
Why people like to work here
- The DoubleTree by Hilton Pittsburgh Green Tree is looking for candidates that are motivated and energized to serve people.
- Our Brand promise is to provide the special comforts and acts of kindness that make the traveler feel human again.
- The ideal candidate will possess a cheerful personality with a positive attitude.
The DoubleTree CARE culture focuses on creating rewarding experiences for our guest. We also provide opportunities for our team members to give back to the community by scheduling charity service work/collection events monthly. Our team members get to enjoy a fun atmosphere at work where one's own personality can shine through with both internal and external guests. It's the little things that mean everything at DoubleTree and Team Members get to experience special treats and events frequently. There is always something going on at the hotel, whether it be a CARE rally where we recognize and show appreciation to our team members or an event where the team members can bring their family members for a day of fun.
The DoubleTree by Hilton Pittsburgh Green Tree has a variety of departments and there are different positions ranging from hourly team members to management. The hotel provides on-going training to help team members succeed within their positions. Open positions are posted, but the hotel strives to promote from within when possible.
- All team members that work at the DoubleTree have access to free parking.
- They are eligible for hotel discounts at any Hilton Family of Brands based on availability.
- 50% off at the Bistro Marketplace and selected menu items from our restaurant.
- Full time team members can choose from 3 different medical plans, 2 different dental plans and vision insurance.
- Team members will also receive a life insurance policy paid by the company during their employment.
- Supplemental life insurance can be purchased along with short term and long term disability.
- A 401K plan with a company match is an option for team members that have been employed for 1 year.
So Experience DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Green Tree where every guest receives a chocolate chip cookie and a warm welcome. We are located just outside of the city just minutes from the Parkway West Green Tree exit. We also are close to a bus route. Help us to fulfill Conrad's dream to Fill the Earth with the Light and Warmth of Hospitality.
500 Mansfield Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15205
Telephone (412) 922-8400