Posted August 9, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Restaurant Server is responsible for greeting, selling/order taking and serving guests in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Process guest checks and collect payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card transactions, room charge processing and accounting policies and procedures. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in seating and greeting the guest.
- Answer all questions about cooking methods, menu items, specials and prices.
- Accurate and prompt guest order taking.
- Prompt submission of food orders with the kitchen in accordance with prescribed procedures.
- Prepare beverage and food orders in accordance with prescribed procedures.
- Check food to ascertain appearance, temperature and portions are correct.
- Timely deliver beverage and food orders.
- Prepare guest checks accurately and present prior to guests departure.
- Report all tips in compliance with Company policy and IRS regulations.
- Collect payment from the guests in compliance with cash handling, credit card transactions, room charge processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Clean all spills and breakage immediately.
- Remove dirty ashtrays, glasses, dishes, silverware and trash from occupied tables.
- Clear empty tables of linens, dishes and debris and place items in proper areas. Reset the tables.
- Clean and restock service items
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report all incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other duties / tasks as requested by management.
QUALIFICATIONS The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
High school education or related experience. Alcohol awareness certification and familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service. Ability to understand and comply with proper ordering and food handling techniques and state and local serving guidelines. Process guest checks and collect payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card transactions, room charge processing and accounting policies and procedures. Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters. Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures. Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
Physical work is a primary part of job. Work is normally performed in an interior hotel environment with equipment and machines. The work involves exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals, dirt, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. The exposure to hazards or physical risks requires following basic safety precautions and use of applicable protective equipment. Physical requirements include extended standing and walking, climbing, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling and lifting up to 50 lbs. While performing job duties, the associate is required to speak, listen and write. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Green Tree
465 Room Hotel
Apply to be a member of our TPG Hotels & Resorts family,
a Top 10 Hotel Management Team and "hospitality employer of choice!"
Why people like to work here
- The DoubleTree by Hilton Pittsburgh Green Tree is looking for candidates that are motivated and energized to serve people.
- Our Brand promise is to provide the special comforts and acts of kindness that make the traveler feel human again.
- The ideal candidate will possess a cheerful personality with a positive attitude.
The DoubleTree CARE culture focuses on creating rewarding experiences for our guest. We also provide opportunities for our team members to give back to the community by scheduling charity service work/collection events monthly. Our team members get to enjoy a fun atmosphere at work where one's own personality can shine through with both internal and external guests. It's the little things that mean everything at DoubleTree and Team Members get to experience special treats and events frequently. There is always something going on at the hotel, whether it be a CARE rally where we recognize and show appreciation to our team members or an event where the team members can bring their family members for a day of fun.
The DoubleTree by Hilton Pittsburgh Green Tree has a variety of departments and there are different positions ranging from hourly team members to management. The hotel provides on-going training to help team members succeed within their positions. Open positions are posted, but the hotel strives to promote from within when possible.
- All team members that work at the DoubleTree have access to free parking.
- They are eligible for hotel discounts at any Hilton Family of Brands based on availability.
- 50% off at the Bistro Marketplace and selected menu items from our restaurant.
- Full time team members can choose from 3 different medical plans, 2 different dental plans and vision insurance.
- Team members will also receive a life insurance policy paid by the company during their employment.
- Supplemental life insurance can be purchased along with short term and long term disability.
- A 401K plan with a company match is an option for team members that have been employed for 1 year.
So Experience DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Green Tree where every guest receives a chocolate chip cookie and a warm welcome. We are located just outside of the city just minutes from the Parkway West Green Tree exit. We also are close to a bus route. Help us to fulfill Conrad's dream to Fill the Earth with the Light and Warmth of Hospitality.
500 Mansfield Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15205
Telephone (412) 922-8400