Posted July 12, 2019
Help Us Make a GREAT 1st Impression! Groups are Important to Us and YOU can Make a Positive Difference.
Banquet Houseman/Set Up
The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Banquet Houseperson sets and maintains all function rooms/areas, service corridors, storerooms and equipment in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
This position will mainly work 2nd shift.
What you will be doing
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Efficient and correct set up of tables, chairs, platforms/stages and other equipment as specified by group requirements. Check and properly adjust temperature and lights. Check electrical hook-ups for proper working order and tape down all exposed cords.
- Provide audio visual services including set up, instruct in proper equipment use, take down and secure storage of equipment.
- Pick-up and deliver boxes/materials for functions as needed.
- Service/freshen function rooms during breaks.
- Break down of tables, chairs, platforms/stages and other equipment. Return all unused equipment in clean condition to proper storage area.
- Keep function and equipment storage areas neat and clean.
- Perform deep cleaning of function areas as assigned.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective action may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other duties / tasks as requested by management.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
- High school education or related experience.
- Familiarity with audio-visual equipment and hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service.
- Ability to understand and comply with proper set ups, cleaning, break down and storage techniques and procedures.
- Ability to timely complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
- Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient.
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Busy banquet department needs guest focused set up associates to Set Us Up for Success!
Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort
394 Room Resort
Apply to be a member of our TPG Hotels & Resorts family,
a Top 10 Hotel Management Team and "hospitality employer of choice!"
Wyndham Lake Buena Vista’s 232 lakehouse-themed guest rooms feature amazing views of the surrounding theme parks and Disney Springs
With 25,000 square feet of premier event space accommodating groups from 12 to 1,200, Wyndham Lake Buena Vista makes planning easy! For planners of any type of Orlando-area meeting or event. From corporate conferences to association conventions. SMERF gatherings to product launches. Plus awards dinners, recognition lunches, civic breakfasts or class or family reunions. Even weddings!
To be sure, Wyndham Lake Buena Vista’s meetings, banquets and catered events are among the best of all official Walt Disney World® hotels.