Posted August 1, 2019
Join our seasoned team of culinary professionals as we deliver quality items for our guests in the banquets and meeting department, or join our fast-paced team that meets guest needs in-house with our fine-dining restaurant, the Warren Duck Club!
Restaurant Line Cook (PM)
The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times and hours worked in a week.
The Line Cook is responsible for cost effective preparation of quality food in safe and efficient compliance with proper food preparation and handling, policies and procedures, brand standards and federal, state and local regulations.
- Consistent safe and sanitary food storage, preparation and cooking. Monitor and control maintenance/sanitation of kitchen and equipment. Adherence to all safety protocols including handling and transportation of foods and knife work.
- Recognize and follow quality standards for meats, vegetables, fruits, dairy products and grains, including proper storage of these items. Effective utilization of leftovers and control of waste.
- Possess the understanding and ability to properly use seasoning for a range of culturally diverse foods. Knowledge of common food allergens and their substitutes.
- Cook using a repertoire of cooking methods including poaching, braising, roasting, charbroiling, sauteing, grilling, frying and baking.
- Produce from scratch menu quality food in appropriate portion size, cut and quantity. Ensure all food is prepared and presented in accordance with appropriate recipes, presentations and with guest orders.
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude when communicating with guests, vendors and associates.
- Any other tasks/duties as requested by management.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service.
- Ability to understand and comply with proper food preparation, cooking, handling and storage.
- Ability to understand and comply with kitchen sanitation, safety and equipment usage.
- Ability to follow appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Attention to detail with good organizational and time management skills.
- Must consistently maintain a professional attitude with effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient.
- Ability to satisfy legal requirements for employment.
Education and Experience
High school education required.
One or more years of culinary experience required.
Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Benefits of Employment
The Doubletree by Hilton, Tulsa at Warren Place offers an opportunity for rapid growth and development. We want our hotel to be the best and our guests to be beyond satisfied. To achieve that goal, we hire the most highly qualified people available and provide a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vacation and Sick/Personal Time-Off
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 401k Plan
- Discounted Room Nights
- Covered Parking
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place
370 Room Hotel
Apply to be a member of our TPG Hotels & Resorts family,
a Top 10 Hotel Management Team and "hospitality employer of choice!"
At A Glance
Welcome to the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa – Warren Place. Renovated in April 2017, this refreshing hotel is located in the Warren Place office complex.
Our South Tulsa hotel offers easy access to downtown, St. Francis Hospital, St. John Medical Center and Tulsa Expo Square. We are also close to KingsPointe Village shops, the University of Tulsa, Oral Roberts University (ORU), Woodland Hills Mall and LaFortune Park.
This Tulsa, Oklahoma hotel offers spacious guest rooms featuring WiFi access and flat-screen TVs. For business travelers, the hotel provides several suite options, some with boardroom tables for conference meetings. Our guests can unwind in our fitness center or large indoor pool, sauna and whirlpool. The scenic walking path behind the hotel is great for a stroll.
With more than 20,000 sq. ft. of flexible space, this hotel in South Tulsa hosts meetings and events for up to 800 guests. The space features the Tulsa Learning Theatre, a tiered lecture center.
6110 South Yale Avenue
Tulsa, OK 74136
Telephone (918) 495-1000
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place
Current Job Openings
- Banquet Server
- Food & Beverage Server
- Front Desk Agent
- Front Desk Supervisor
- Guestroom Housekeeper
- Housekeeping Runner (Houseperson)
- Housekeeping/Public Area Lobby Attendant
- Laundry Attendant
- Lobby Lounge Server & Bartender
- Maintenance Engineer (First Class Stationary License)
- Maintenance Technician
- Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent
- Restaurant Line Cook (PM)
- Room Service and Executive Lounge Server
- Sales Manager - Corporate/Business Transient