Posted March 13, 2019
Excellent Benefits! Walking distance from the Blue Line and we provide Free Ambassador Parking!
"Renaissance" signifies a deep belief in the spirit of exploration and discovery. It's a spirit that celebrates innovation and creativity, originality and expression - all things that contribute to living a life less ordinary. “Renaissance speaks to the modern discoverer in all of us who lives to unearth life's hidden gems - collecting new tastes, sights, sounds and experiences and adding them to their own story. And so with every Renaissance, we want you to always provide something wonderfully new to our Discoverer!
POSITION SUMMARY The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Restaurant Server is responsible for greeting, selling/order taking and serving guests in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Process guest checks and collect payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card transactions, room charge processing and accounting policies and procedures. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Assist in seating and greeting the guest.
• Answer all questions about cooking methods, menu items, specials and prices.
• Accurate and prompt guest order taking.
• Prompt submission of food orders with the kitchen in accordance with prescribed procedures.
• Prepare beverage and food orders in accordance with prescribed procedures.
• Check food to ascertain appearance, temperature and portions are correct.
• Timely deliver beverage and food orders.
• Prepare guest checks accurately and present prior to guests departure.
• Report all tips in compliance with Company policy and IRS regulations.
• Collect payment from the guests in compliance with cash handling, credit card transactions, room charge processing and accounting policies and procedures.
• Clean all spills and breakage immediately.
• Remove dirty ashtrays, glasses, dishes, silverware and trash from occupied tables.
• Clear/Reset empty tables of linens, dishes and debris and place items in proper areas.
• Clean and restock service items
• On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
• Attend department meetings as scheduled.
• Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and ambassadors.
• Report all incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
• Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
• Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
• Any other duties / tasks as requested by management.
QUALIFICATIONS The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience: High school education or related experience. Alcohol awareness certification, ServeSafeFoodHandler and familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service. Ability to understand and comply with proper ordering and food handling techniques and state and local serving guidelines. Process guest checks and collect payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card transactions, room charge processing and accounting policies and procedures. Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters. Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures. Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort: Physical work is a primary part of job. Work is normally performed in an interior hotel environment with equipment and machines. The work involves exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals, dirt, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. The exposure to hazards or physical risks requires following basic safety precautions and use of applicable protective equipment. Physical requirements include extended standing and walking, climbing, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling and lifting up to 50 lbs. While performing job duties, the associate is required to speak, listen and write. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses.
362 Room All Suite
Ideally located in Rosemont, with a complimentary roundtrip shuttle to Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD), our hotel is a short drive from Donald E. Stephens Convention Center. Our location near the Chicago 'L' Blue Line positions visitors to explore downtown Chicago with ease. Upgrades in 2017 have transformed our 362 spacious suites, boasting separate living and sleeping spaces, a Plug-in Panel for streaming media and luxury amenities. Guests can grab a Starbucks® coffee and pastry before heading out for a day of sightseeing or meetings, or sit down for a full buffet breakfast at Asado Urban Grill. We invite our guests to enjoy our complimentary 24/7 fitness center and indoor pool. Those looking to host a conference or wedding will appreciate our contemporary ballroom and meeting rooms with high-tech amenities. Our hotel warmly welcomes travelers to Rosemont, IL, with four-star service and extraordinary accommodations.
Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel
8500 West Bryn Mawr Avenue
TPG Hotels & Resorts